chapter twenty-one (pan)

Chapter twenty-one (Pan)

I fly to the tree where Adelia first escaped to, the one where the pixie dust used to grow. I have grown to call it my "thinking tree," the place I go to be alone with my thoughts. I place her onto the ground, and she lets out a stifled moan. I untie her hands, and take out the fabric in her mouth. I pull her shirt up a bit to check for damage, only to find her right side bruised heavily.

"You're a monster!" Adelia shrieks, pulling her shirt back down and beginning to cry. "You killed Henry!" she sobs.

"Adelia..." I begin in a calm voice, trying to reason with her.

"Shut up." She orders, wincing as she pulls herself up.

"Adelia, I had to. I would have died, the island would have died as well, along with all the lost boys. One life saved many more, leaving the island and I immortal."

That seems to calm her down a bit. "Peter, I thought you'd changed. Killing a little boy, a perfectly innocent... it's evil." she mutters with a small voice.

"I told you, Adelia. I'm a villain."

"Yes, but I thought you'd changed."

"I'm sorry, darling."

"Save it." she snaps, and I see something worse than anger in her expression.

Betrayal.

Suddenly, I'm filled with worry. If Adelia no longer loves me, will she choose to go home with her sister? If so, immortality is worth nothing, not if I don't have Adelia by my side. If she left, I would die inside. If she left, I'd never forgive myself for letting her go. Fear over heart, I made an aggressive move, pinning her against the tree's large trunk, and keeping my lips not even inches from hers.

"I can't let you leave." I growl.

Adelia struggles, sending a tough kick to my chest, but its no use, I'm above pain.

And Henry's heart has given me unlimited magic.

I use a spell to keep her against the tree, and she screams in frustration.

"I trusted you!" She sobs.

"Adelia, you can't leave."

"Why not?" She asks, crying so heavily it breaks my heart.

"I love you Adelia, and I wouldn't be able to forgive myself." I admit.

"I-I don't know if I believe that anymore." she stammers, but the tears slowly fade away.

I stroke her cheek, and I see the smallest hint of a smile glisten across her face. I lean in and kiss her, and she kisses back. "Do you believe me now?" I ask, undoing the spell. She pulls herself off the tree and smiles.

"Yes!" she laughs, hugging me tightly. I grin back at her, and hug her tightly.

"How cute..." I hear the sarcastic voice of Rumplestiltskin say.

Adelia pulls away, and checks her pockets for a weapon, but she finds nothing. With only a spear for myself, this will be hard. I gently push her behind me, and stand tall, blocking her from Belle and the others.

"Ah, a rescue party, I see..." I snicker, raising an eyebrow.

"Well it's a a lot more than what you've got." Baelifire states.

"Is that right?" I ask, again raising my eyebrow. "C'mon boys!" I call loudly, knowing they'll be here soon. They arrive, hooded in dark cloaks, with arrows and spears galore. I grin, raising my eyebrow in it's usual pattern. "Let's play." I chuckle.