PICKED UP

***Melissa's POV***

Today was my first day at school. Not the school I had been at for freshman year. It was a different one. I would be at my new school for the first month of my second semester as a junior. I'm super excited. There's nothing in the world that would make me more excited...note the sarcasm.

This school was a bit bigger than my old school. The one back in Huntington. I must admit I got lost on my way to 1-3 period. Not only that but I jammed my finger on my locker. Man how I wished Heather would at least be a senior so I wouldn't be here alone. She's 19 and in college.

I hear the bell ring and I start to walk to my 4 period. Choir. Great. Something that will remind me of the boys. I wonder what they are doing right now. They probably went out surfing. The weather is amazing right now. What if I was still there? Would I be stealing a wave from one of them? Suddenly I feel something hit my face. Next thing I know I'm on the floor in pain.

"Oh crap. I'm so sorry. I didn't see you there." a strange voice said as the person reached down to see if I was ok.

Great. On my first day I'm late to all my classes and I get smacked on the face by a locker. Not only that but I'm lying on the floor in pain. Could this day get any worse?

I just stay laying down and the stranger just sits next to me. I don't even bother to look at who the person is because my head hurts and I'm afraid of my face being red from embarrassment.

"I'm sorry. Should I call a nurse?" the voice says again.

I just shake my head no. Then the last bell rang and I heard footsteps slowly disappearing. I guess I would be late once again. I decide to get up.

"Here let me help you." the person says.

I take the hand and stand up.

"Thanks for the smack on the face." I say.

I look at the person and I can't believe my eyes. It's Keaton. What is he doing here? He is suppose to be hours away.

"Keaton?" I say squinting my eyes.

I start to poke around his face and I can't believe it. It's actually Keaton. All I have to say is that it wasn't very nice of him to hit me with his locker.

"Actually my name is Alejandro." He says.

Wait what? Just then I shake my head in confusion and I see a guy I have never seen before. I guess when I got hit and fell my eyes saw what they wanted to see. Keaton. I slide down the wall until I'm sitting on the floor. He tries to grab a hold of me but he wasn't fast enough. I puff out some air trying to not get stressed as I run my hand through my hair.

"I'm sorry I thought you were...never mind. Hi. My name is Melissa. A.k.a. the girl you physically injured." I say.

He just laughs lightly and sits next to me.

"I'm Alejandro and sorry about that. I hope you aren't seriously injured." He says as he extends his hand out for me to shake.

I shake his hand then look at the ceiling. My face felt like a pancake. Flat.

"Is my face bleeding? I feel it bleeding and it has a heart beat to it." I say still looking up.

He laughs with a smirk once again. I'm not trying to be funny. I'm just stating what I feel.

"You're pretty funny. Also to answer your question you are not bleeding and let me take you to the nurse." He says as he helps me up.

He walks me over to the nurse and stays with me. I'm not sure why he stayed. He could have just left. Once the nurse has checked if my nose was broken she gave me a pass to go to my class.