11

alexander

Friday

I was really looking forward to my date with John. I couldn't wait. I was hanging out with Lafayette and Hercules in their dorm while John was out running errands that he refused to let me join him on.

"So what are you guys doing tonight?" Hercules asked.

I shrugged. "He wouldn't tell me."

"Really? I thought John had the biggest mouth out of all of us," Lafayette teased. I chuckled.

"Yeah, but he's not spilling anything."

"For once," Hercules laughed.

It was an understatement to say I was excited. This was definitely not what I was expecting out of having to spend a year with him. I realized I probably should've come clean about why I hated him so, but I didn't want to ruin anything. Usually, I'm the one who can't keep their mouth shut. I didn't want this date to be ruined because of me. I could feel butterflies in my stomach when there was a knock at the door. Lafayette opened it, and there was John, wearing a red button down and dress pants with some flowers in his hands. I could feel a blush creeping onto my face as Hercules herded me to the door and into John's arms.

"Come up to the dorm," he smiled sweetly, handing me the flowers. I followed him down the stairs and he opened the door. Laid on the chair was a black button down shirt and khakis. These clothes weren't mine.

"John.. Where did you get these?" I asked.

He smiled. "They're mine. But they don't fit me well, so I thought they'd look good on you."

I changed into the shirt and John fixed the sleeves for me, rolling them up. "Well? Does it look as good on me as you hoped?" I asked. His hands remained fixated on my arm.

Slowly he leaned forward, saying "Even better." I blushed harshly and turned away shyly.

"Let me finish getting ready." I said, nudging in the direction of the pants.

"Okay." He let go of me and turned away so I could change into the khakis he'd given me. They were a little bigger than my usual size, but I didn't complain.

"Thank you," I said. 

"Wait, I almost forgot to remind you about the finishing touch." John grabbed the jacket he always let me borrow.

"I thought this got ruined in the rain," I said, hugging it. It still smelt like John, making me smile.

"Nothing a little laundry cleaners can't fix. I know you really like it, so you can have it if you want," he smiled.

"John... I-I can't do this. This is like your favourite jacket." I started to handed it back to him. 

"I insist, Alexander. It suits you. It all does." He made me turn so he could put it on me. He kissed my cheek.

"You're really sweet John. I really don't know how to thank you for all this." He bit his lip.

"Well, c'mon let's go." I followed him back up to Laf and Hercules' dorm. "What do you think? He looks good, no?" John kept his arm around my waist as he showed me off.

"You clean up nice, Alexander," Laf said.

"Yeah. So John, what's the plan for tonight?" Hercules asked.

"It's a surprise for him," he said. Damn.

"Aw, c'mon John. I want to know what we're doing," I said.

He shook his head. "Nope! I'm not saying anything. Now, let's go or we'll be late. Night guys."

"Have fun you two!" Laf said. And we left.