20

alex

"I guess you're right. Why don't we just start over then? Like we did the second time around, if you know, there's a lucky number," John said.

"Yeah."

"Okay then. Hi, I'm John Laurens." He stuck out my hand, and I thought it was the funniest thing ever. Were we actually doing this? I started laughing, but John still stood there, with a straight face. Okay, so we're doing this. He patiently waited for me to stop laughing and reply, and I could tell he was just about ready to break.

I finally managed to compose myself. "Nice to meet you, I'm Alexander Hamilton." I shook his hand and he kissed it.

"Sorry, I couldn't help myself," he said. I could hear a suppressed laugh. I was blushing heavily, and I'm pretty sure it was noticeable. "You're just so handsome, y'know."

"Stop," I whispered.

"It's true."

"Really?"

"Of course. I just never told you before, because you made me so nervous, but, now, I've got you wrapped around my finger."

"Or do I have you wrapped around mine?" He chuckled and kissed my cheek. "I'm sorry, I've never been good at flirting."

"You're doing great now," he winked. I laughed.

"Alex," he started, "can I kiss you?"

I was surprised a little bit, but nodded. "Please."

He cupped my cheeks and kissed me, slowly moving his hand behind my neck, gently threading his fingers into my hair. My hands slipped from his sides up to his shoulders.

"I love you," he whispered. I pulled back and pressed my forehead against his, as much as I could with our height difference.

"I love you too," I whispered back, kissing him for a second.

"It's funny," he chuckled.

"What?"

He took my hands off of him and just held them. "I never thought I'd be saying that to you."

I laughed a little. "What do you mean?"

"I did always like you Alexander. I always had a, uh, 'thing' for you. But I was always too nervous to say something. And then I let the jealously build up inside me, and I just couldn't. But now, well now I've got you, don't I?"

"I guess you do."

"I never saw myself getting better after Lee. I always thought I'd be alone, y'know?" he said, dropping his hands around my waist, pressing me close against him and letting my head rest on him. "But now, I'm in love with the best guy you could ever find in New York."

"Oh, stop," I blushed.

"It's true. The world is your oyster, Alexander, and rightfully so. You are the most amazing, creative, intelligent person I've ever met, and I never want to lose you."

"I love you, John," I said, pulling him down for a kiss. "And I don't want to lose you either."

"Really?"

"Really really." I stepped back and smiled at him. He smiled back. "Now, I think I still owe you one, so how about I take you out on a date, hm?" I said. He chuckled.

"You don't have to do that," he said.

"But I want to, and besides, I owe you one, right?"

"But didn't I say how-"

"John, it's one date, it won't kill you," I teased.

"Well, no, but I don't want you to-"

"I insist."

"Fine," he sighed. "I guess."

"You guess right."

"You've got quite the sass, Hamilton. And you've got quite the-"

"Nope!" I said, my face heating as I turned away from him so he wouldn't see how red I was.

"Aw, come on, you're ruining all my pickup lines."

"John, I told you I love you, there isn't much 'picking up' to do," I said. He came from behind me and snuck his arms around me, spinning me around to face him. "Stop being so smooth," I said. He chuckled.

"I mean-"

"If it's an innuendo, I don't want to hear it, pal."

"Pal? Ouch. Not even a buddy. Now we know how you really feel Alex, huh?"

I laughed. "You're a real dork, y'know that Laurens?"

He shrugged. "Eh, I try."

"I love you."

-

End

//short, sweet, and good enough, i hope. i really liked this story and i think it turned out okay. sorry about that emotional rollercoaster towards the end there. before i publish any more books (if i do) keep in mind my drabble books, and all you have to is private message me and tell me a little about what you're wanting and i'll work my "magic" that you guys get to enjoy so much. i will definitely keep you guys posted on what's coming next. in the mean time, play nice, please don't be rude if this wasn't the ending you were wanting (i know it kinda sucked), and be a ball of joy to everyone you see. okay have a nice whatever-time-of-day-it-is! - ezra