Her Human Blood

Lucy

After making it to the fair today at night, I was looking around, hoping to find Natsu.

Just in luck, we made eye contact. I smile, walking towards him.

"Hey, glad you can make it." I said, smiling.

"Uh, yeah. Have you seen a guy with dark raven hair and dark, icy blue eyes anywhere? I'm looking for him."

"No. I barely got here. Why?"

"Well, uh..." Natsu looks at me in the eyes and it was filled with anxiety.

"You're anxious. Why?" I asked.

I was worried for him because I've never seen him nervous and panic around for a guy.

"I can't tell you. But, can you help me find him?"

"What? Natsu, of course I'll help you find him. But, why can't you tell me? I'm your friend."

"Yes, I know that you're my friend but this is a secret of life and death."

"Life and death? What are you talking about–"

"Hey, Natsu. Is this the girl you've been talking on the phone with?"

"Gray! Do not get in my business. You will not..."

The last part was mumbled and I couldn't here what they were saying.

It's like they are mouthing words without even speaking.

"Natsu?" I spoke, and they both look at me.

"Whoa, you look a lot like Lisanna. From the eye and body shape, they're identical."

"Shut up, Gray!"

"Lisanna? Who's that?"

"She's nobody. Gray, I swear, if you don't shut up–"

"She's Natsu's ex-girlfriend! Surprisingly, Natsu still loves her and he can't get over Lisanna–"

In a blink of an eye, Natsu charges towards Gray and they disappear.

What in the world is happening!?

"Lu-chan! There you are! I've been looking all around for you! Erza said she'll be coming late. C'mon, lets go and enjoy the fair!"

Levy grabs my hand and pulls me away from the crowd.

"Levy, do you think that supernatural things...exist?"

"Huh? Why do you ask?"

"Just wondering for your opinion. That's all."

"Well, yeah. I mean, if I could do powerful magic like a witch, I'm guessing that other people might have powers in them. Maybe there's vampires or werewolves! Ooh, that'd be so cool!"

"Wait, tell me this, Levy. What happened when you grabbed Erza's hand? You gasped and spaced out."

"O-Oh, I guess I can tell you. Three days ago when I touched Erza's hand, I got like this vision in my head."

"What? What did you see?"

"I saw red hair, fangs, the moon and trees, a blue haired girl, and blood. The red head was biting the blue haired girl's neck."

I gasp, shocked.

"Levy, you do know what this means, right?"

Levy and I look at each other and we suddenly felt a gust of wind pop in front of us.

"Hey guys! Wanna go have fun?"

"Erza! Oh Jesus, you scared me!" I said, touching my heart.

She just popped out of nowhere!

"My apologies. Anyways, why are you guys waiting here like dorks? C'mon, let's enjoy the rides!" Erza said, smiling.

I look at Levy and we both nod.

"Sure!"

***

I couldn't think straight at the moment. My mind was just filled with Natsu.

Natsu there, Natsu here, Natsu everywhere!

I'm seriously worried about him!

Levy and I were near a garbage dump and cars were parked everywhere. Erza said she'd be right back to get us cotton candy and hotdogs.

"Levy, you go ahead and help Erza with the food. I'll be here."

"Okay. I'll be right back."

She walks forward and I sighed. It was really cold.

Suddenly, I heard grunting from behind me and I turn around but no one was there.

"Hello?" I yelled.

The grunting was coming from near the garbage dump. I walk forward and once I was near the garbage dump, I gasped, wide eyed.

"Oh my God!!"

It was Gray sucking blood from a girl! He looks at me with red eyes as blood drips down his lips.

I couldn't do nothing! I felt like I was paralyzed!

He's a vampire!

Gray runs with full speed in front of me and I flinch.

I cover my mouth with my hands as small tears start to pop in my eyes.

"Your blood...it smells really good. Can I get a taste of it?" Gray licks his lips and I take a small step back.

When suddenly, someone pushes Gray to the garbage dump wall and I shrieked.

It was Natsu.

"Don't you dare go near Lucy ever again or I'll rip your heart out!" Natsu threatened, and Gray scowls.

"But her blood is so unique! It smells...it smells so wonderful! I know you want a bite too, Natsu!"

"Shut up!! How can you expose to someone what you really are!? Are you that stupid!?"

"That's why we need to kill her! She'll tell everyone that we're both vampires!"

"We're not gonna kill her, Gray! She'll keep the secret."

"How can you be so sure?"

Natsu looks at me and I was trembling in fear.

"N-No. I have to get out of here!"

As I turn around to run, Natsu runs in front of me and stops me from going further.

"Stop. Please, promise me you won't tell anyone about our secret."

"Natsu...why didn't you tell me what you really are? Now you got me trembling!"

"Lucy, I wouldn't do anything to hurt you. I swear. I'll protect you from anything that comes in harm's way."

I stare at Natsu as tears flow down my cheeks. I blush a little as he wipes away my tears.

"You can trust me, right?"

I quickly wrap my arms around Natsu's waist and sniff.

"Ughn...I trust you. Please don't hurt me."

"I will never. Neither will Gray or anyone. I promise."

TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 5:

The Past that Seeks