{Two}

Jai-Vonna

"Von." I hear my dad's voice. I stop reading the newspaper and I look up at him.

"Are you listening?" He asks me.

"Yes sir." I nod my head.

"Okay, good." He starts and walks over to the counter and grabs a bagel.

I sit and wait for him to speak again. I just know that he is going to ask me to do something.

He walks over to me. "I need you to meet with this family that is looking into buying a house. You are a great agent and I think You can really get this cause to buy one of the nicest houses that we have."

I nod. "When am I doing this?"

"Tomorrow at one thirty."

"I will be at school." I tell him.

He nods. "I know, but I have already called up there and explained to them that you will be signing out early."

I sigh. "Okay."

"I promise you that this will not happen again. It's just that Jonas and Mya see helping other people a-"

"That's great, dad." I tell him. "I do not mind helping you. I just do not like missing school. This is my senior year. I want to enjoy it."

"I understand and I want you to as well. You do not have to worry about it again. I want your main focus to be on school. You are doing great and I am more than proud of you."

"Thanks dad. I am just trying to make you, Mom, Nonna and Nana proud."

"We are very proud of you. Just keep doing what you are doing now and you will never disappoint us."

I smile and nod.

I absolutely love my dad.

When me and my father finish talking I continue reading the newspaper and eating my bagel.

I look up at the clock and I see that it is seven thirty-two. I quickly stand up and head to the door.

"Jai." I hear my mother call my name. "Yes?" I ask. She walks up to me and gives me a huge hug. "I love you, be good. I'm about to head to the airport now."

"I love you too, Mom. You gave a safe trip and please call me as soon as you land." I hug her back.

"I will. I promise." She tells me.

We both head out of the door together and get into our separate cars.

I pull out of the driveway and drive to Newport Private Highschool. I pull right into the parking spot beside my best friend. I turn my head and look through the window into her car. She's smiling at me. I laugh and wave and she waves back.

I open my door and get out of my car, meeting her behind my car. "Hey, Jai!"

"Hey Bell!" I reply.

"Are you ready to kill it at this pep rally today?"

"You know I am." I tell her confidently.

I have been dancing on a team since sixth grade. I started going to dance classes with Bella when we was in third. Bella and I have been best friends since preschool.

"Do not forget that we have class tonight."

"Oh. I know." I inform her.

"My dad was trying to follow me last night to see where I was going so  I went to the gym instead. That's why I missed. I meant to text you to tell you but I went straight to bed when I got in the house."