{Nine}

Omniscient

"Come on! Try it Jai. You'll like it." Grayscn tries to get Jai to try his ice cream. She slaps the spoon out of his hand. "No, Grayscn. It sounds nasty!" Both of them laugh.

"Well there went my spoon." He says nodding.

"Welp." Jai-Vonna shrugs. "No more trying for you." She starts walking down the side walk eating her ice cream, leaving Grayscn behind.

Grayscn cuts through the people walking on the crowded sidewalk and he gets behind Jai. He gets beside her and walks her a few feet to a building and he turns her so that her back is up against it. He takes her cup of ice cream out of her hand and throws it into a nearby trashcan.

"Wh-" Jai-Vonna is cut off By Grayscn sticking his ice cream dipped finger in her mouth. "Close your mouth." Grayscn tells her.

Jai's lips wrap around Grayscn's finger. He slowly pulls out. Jai covers her mouth and starts laughing. "What's that called again?"

"It's butter pecan mixed with chocolate and macadamia nuts." He tells her.

She nods. "That was really good." She says. "I think you owe me another ice cream though." She tells him.

"No I don't. You should have tried my ice cream." He smiles at her and backs up from her. He looks around. "Come on before we end up in magazine's and or online as a couple."

"Yeah, my father would most definitely fire the both of us. You know how he is about people getting into relationships with people in his business."

"Yeah." Grayscn nods his head.
Jai-Vonna and Grayscn start walking again. He turns to her.

"Well look at this." Grayscn nudges Jai-Vonna's arm. He nods towards a window. It's a picture of Jai-Vonna in some clothing from her mothers clothing line.
"You should model." He tells her.

She shakes her head. "That wouldn't work."

"Why?"

"Because I don't have the look and I love dancing."

Grayscn rolls his eyes. "Yes you do have the look. Stop doubting yourself."

"I'm not doubting myself. I just say what I know other people are going to say."

"Fuck those other people. Tell them to kiss your ass."

Jai-Vonna

"Yeah and have everyone at my throat? I think not. I'll just stay silent."

"You either tell them or I will."

"You like being in control don't you? Like you're so demanding and intimidating... Just like my dad." I tell Grayscn.

Grayscn throws his arm over my shoulder. "Yes, I know and good. Is that a problem?" He asks me.

"No." I answer.

"Great." He says. I move so that his arm isn't on me. I pull out my cellphone and I call Dylan.

The phone rings about six times before he answers. "Hello?" He answers. "What are you doing?" He asks.

"I'm out walking. What are you doing?" I ask hearing a kid scream and cry in the background.

"Hey. Watch her for a second while I go talk on the phone." I hear him tell someone.

"Who's that?" I ask.

"Who's what?" He asks.

"Who's her? The kid."

"My friends daughter. I'm watching her."

"Who's watching her now?"

"My roommate." He tells me. "I miss you. How's everything been going?" He asks.