{Eight}

Raheem

"Adonis. Do you want something to eat?" I ask.

Adonis shakes his head no. I shrug and walk out of the room in my house that he is staying in.

He came out of a coma a week after he went in. He was going to have jail time or rehab, but dad got him out that under one condition and that's him never going back to live in South Central.

I hear a knock on my front door. I walk to it. I see Jai-Vonna through the peep hole. "You know how that I have a doorbell, right?" I ask.

"Yes I do." She smiles, in a good mood. Better than normal.

"Who done made you happy?" I ask.

"Nobody, just life!" She goes and sits on the couch.

"Well I am happy to hear that. What all have you done today?" I ask.

"I went to school, hung out with Dylan, went to work and now I am here."

I nod. "How's this new dude Grayscn?" I ask.

"He is.. Alright. He's almost like dad. Like if dad was white and had a white baby momma and had a twenty four year old son Grayscn would be him."

I chuckle and shake my head. "I can't believe this dude just walked in and got co CEO of the wine company and handed to him. And as I heard he's about to be in Residential development." I've been working my ass off.

"Just give it time Heem. God right along with dad has big plans for you."

"You such a daddy's girl, Jai." I laugh.

She shrugs.

"Adonis  is in that back room." I tell her.

She sighs and looks in the direction of the room. She looks as if she's debating on going to see him.

I turn and go towards the room. I had footsteps following behind.

I open the door and Adonis is putting on clothes and his duffle bag is on the bed.

"Why are you doing?" I ask.

"I'm leaving." He says.

"Dad w-"

"I Don't Give A Fuck What Cris Wants!" She shouts. "I'm a grown ass man. I do what the fuck I want."

"You didn't go to jail or rehab so you begged dad to get you out. What are you talking about Donny?" I ask.

"Because I wanted to!"

Omniscient

"Man, just get out of my house." Raheem speaks calmly.

Adonis laughs. "You a pussy." He grabs his bags from the bed and bumps Raheem's shoulder. "A pussy that don't get no pussy. Virgin ass bitch. Your house? Cris built this shut and you pay for it with the money he gives you."

"You are the dumbest person I know Adonis. Get off them drugs boy." Heem shakes his head.

"You want to run that shit again?" Adonis steps up to Raheem, getting in bus face.

"Hey!" Jai-Vonna yells. "Stop this shit! I don't know what's wrong with you Adonis, but it's ridiculous!"

"And how you acting like is a bitch! Get the hell out of my face Jai-Vonna."

Raheem draws his fist back and punches Adonis in his mouth for calling Jai a bitch. Adonis tackles Raheem onto the bed.

Jai-Vonna pulls out her phone. "Hello?" Cris answers.