Chp 16: Friends again

Rianne's pov:

The next morning when I woke up, I took a quick shower and went downstairs. Bali and Cameron were cuddling on the couch. Cameron tackled Bali, but in a cute couple way. She giggled and Cameron leaned down to kiss her. She kissed back and I couldn't help, but feel jealous. the only other person who was down there was Taylor. He sat at the dining table with something in his hand. A crumpled up piece of paper. My letter. He looked at me and crumpled up the ball of paper some more. I sat down and pretended to be on my phone. I kept feeling his eyes upon me. Then, the crumpled up note fell into my lap. I looked up at Taylor in disgust.

"It's going to take a lot more than a note to gain my trust again."

"Taylor, what do you expect me to do? Look, I'm sorry. I don't know what to do anymore?"

"You'll just have to figure out yourself."

I got up and crumpled up my worthless note in my hand and tossed it in the trash. Taylor didn't even look at me. I was sick of Taylor not being able to be the bigger person. He was just making this worse when I was trying to make it better. I went over to him and put my hand on his shoulder. He tried to swat it away, but I held firm. I kept my small little hands wherever they pleased.

"Taylor, just be the bigger person. I'm only trying to make this better and you're making it worse. So I'm not even going to try anymore if you won't help me try."

Cameron and Bali looked over at us weirdly. They came over to us and say down. Bali sat in Camerons lap. He wrapped his arms around her and Taylor looked at them. I think we were both a bit jealous of them. They were adorable. Cameron kissed her cheek then looked at me and Taylor.

"Okay, what's going to with you two. All I've heard this morning is you two constantly arguing."

Of course Taylor just had to talk first so I let him talk. Everything he said was true and Bali just stared at me. When Taylor was done talking, I shared a little bit.

"I made a mistake and you all can give me crap about it, but I've tried to hard to make it better and Taylor won't even try with me. He's just making it worse when I've apologized a million times."

Taylor rolled his eyes and Cameron didn't even know what to say for a minute. I felt like we were in a middle school counseling office. Gross. I stayed silent while Cameron spoke.

"Rianne, you made a pretty dumb mistake, but I agree. Taylor, you're only making things worse. You shouldn't not forgive her and then not tell her how to fix it. She's really trying."

Bali sat there reading the note. Taylor stood up and yelled at Cameron.

"I can't believe you'd stand up for her. You really aren't a true friend."

Everyone was silent for a moment and Bali then just said "Taylor, just think about it." We all sat there for a moment in silence. Taylor was thinking putting his head in his hands. Then he turned to me. I was waiting for him to say something. He put a hand on my chest making me shiver.

"Look Ri, I forgive you okay. But I don't think a relationship is going to work out with me right now. If you want to be with Jack, I don't care. If you want to be with me, just give it time. I don't know what I want right now."

I was happy he forgave me, but I was a bit confused still. Part of me loved Taylor, but part of me knew I should move on. I told him that I was okay with it just to cool things off. When I went upstairs, I put Taylors bandana on around my head. I saw Jack sitting on my bed so I sat next to him.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yes," I replied. Jack gave me a warm hug and gave me his sweater. I put it on and felt much warmer. I had Taylor's bandana on and Jack's jacket. Weird. But all I was thinking of was how happy I was to just be friends with Taylor. Jack gave me another hug and apologized for creating a mess.

I wanted to just start over.

Authors note:
Hello baes(: so I'm sorry this wasn't the most exciting chapter, but focus on this...what is going through Jacks mind? Comment below and thank you for 4.7k reads(: Ilysm.
~Love Ry(: