Chp 22: He always wins?

Rianne's pov:

I fell asleep on the couch and woke up the next morning with Taylor's arms still wrapped around me. My mind flashed back to last night and I remembered everything. I felt Grant's strong grip on my waist and his hot breath on my neck and I cringed. Taylor propped up next to me on one elbow and yawned. I looked at him and took a deep breath. Maybe Grant would forget me. After all, he was drunk and he probably doesn't remember me.

"Good morning beautiful," Taylor said. He got up and left me sitting on the couch. He went to the kitchen to go make some coffee. He was going to make me one too. I snuggled under the blanket checking my phone. I was on twitter and Marie posted some pictures of her and Shawn. I was really happy for them and wished I could have met him. They were really happy and had big cheesy smiles. Suddenly, I got a notification at the top of my phone. A text from 555-8860. I didn't know the number and I was a bit freaked out when I saw what they said.

Unknown number- Hello gorgeous(:

Me- Who is this?

Taylor came over to me and I quickly shoved my phone under the blanket. I felt bad, but I'm sure this was nothing too serious. It was nothing to freak out about. Taylor handed me the coffee and then went upstairs. I felt my phone vibrate and it was the same number.

Unknown number- Who do ya think?;)

Me- For real, just tell me...

If this was Grant, I was going to be so annoyed. I prayed that he didn't remember me. About 99% was positive it was him, but how the heck did he get my number?!?!

Unknown number- Grant. Soo last night was fun..

Me- Whatever I guess.

Great. Just great. It was Grant. He acted like nothing happened between us. I wasn't even going to become his friend. That would be hard though when Cameron was becoming best friends with him.

Grant- C'mon girl. Loosen up(;

Me- Who even gave you my number?

Grant- Cameron.

Thank you so much Cameron. Thanks a lot. You just made this situation a lot better. Taylor came back downstairs and I put my phone in my pocket. I wasn't the best liar. I hated to lie and Taylor obviously sensed that something was up with me.

"Babe, you alright?" He asked.

Okay, I couldn't lie anymore. I looked at the ground and tapped my foot. After what seemed like a million hours, I told him about Grant. Taylor rolled his eyes and he looked at Cameron who was sitting by Bali at the table. I couldn't e mad at Cameron. I mean, he didn't know. But he still should've asked.

"I swear, if that Grant kid tries to get in between us, I will beat him up. I swear." Taylor yelled.

The scary thing was that Taylor sounded serious. I'm glad that he cared about us, but at the same time I didn't want more drama. I was so happy and this party just had to happen. I just nodded and put my empty cup in the dishwasher. I got another text from Grant and I realized that I hadn't responded to his last text.

Grant- You there?): <3

Oh my gosh. Can he not send hearts. Even if he wasn't a complete butthole, we had only known each other for not even a day. I told everyone that I was going to take a walk. It would help me just think about all of this. I didn't want to be mean, but I told Taylor "no" when he asked if he could join. I just needed to be alone. I think everyone by now sensed that something was going on. I left the house after brushing my hair and changing into some different clothes. It was a cool morning so I put on just a small jacket. I turned on my iPhone 5C to play some music. XO by Beyoncé started to play. I was walking and then realized I was in front of Grant's house. Ugh. I was really hoping that Grant wouldn't be home, but I sat down on the grass turning up my music up louder completely unaware of what was going on around me. I faced away from the house. Why did I even sit here right in front of the house in the first place. I was completely mad he even got my number.

Suddenly, I felt two cold big hands on my shoulders. I felt the air being forced out of me. The thought of turning around to see Grant. I was right. It was Grant. Great. I stayed right where I was and took my head phones out. The hands were still on me.

"Guess who?" He whispered. His breath wasn't as bad, but I still could smell the faint smell of liquor in his breath. It was definitely Grant. He walked over so he could face me. I stared right at him and he took my hand in his. I automatically pulled it back. He made a puppy dog face, but then automatically smirked again. I looked at my promise ring as Grant did too.

"What? Are you married?" He asked.

"No, but I am in a relationship."

"With who? That punk...what's his name? Taylor?"

"Yes and I'm very happy."

"I can change that." he said. The way he said it made me scared. He could change my relationship with Taylor. I didn't want him hurting Taylor. I felt his hand resting on my knee. I felt like I had a thousand weights on me. I got up and crossed my arms. Grant got up too and just laughed. I tried to walk away, but he grabbed my arm. This time, I was stronger. I shook him off and walked away. I could still hear him though.

"Rianne, you really are a hot girl. But maybe you should learn to have some fun. I know how to play games and I always win."

He always won? I wasn't so sure about that, but it kind of scared me. I didn't like the fact that he called me hot. Let me just tell you that when guys call girls hot or sexy straight to their face, it is a complete turnoff. Taylor never did that, thank goodness. I walked back to the summer house and didn't look back. I was too afraid to find out if he was watching me with those deep brown eyes. I got into the house and went upstairs and layed in bed. Why couldn't I just enjoy my last month with Taylor? I shoved in my earbuds and pulled the covers over me. I just layed there staring at the wall. I attempted to clear my mind, but Grant just stayed there. I saw Kay come into the room. She put her hand on her hip and looked at me. She took a deep breath like she was annoyed.

"What's up with you? You've been acting...different." She asked.

"What are you talking about?"

Okay, I actually had every idea of what she was talking about.

"Well first of all you left the party without even telling anyone last night. This morning you said you needed to take a walk. You never 'take a walk' unless you're upset. And now, you're being a grumpy loner in your bed. Do not tell me this has to do with Jack or Taylor!" She said.

"It doesn't. It's that kid at the party last night. Grant." I said.

"Yea, he seemed real nice. He's the funniest kid ever."

"Not really. He kept calling me hot and forcing me to drink. Now this morning he's telling me he can mess up Taylor's relationship with me."

Kay was wide eyed.

"I wouldn't worry about it. He was probably just drunk."

I wasn't satisfied with her response. He wasn't drunk this morning when he said he could screw up my relationship with Taylor. I sat there silently just looking at Kay. She was scrolling through her newsfeed on twitter. She told me what happened after I left the party. Grant kept talking about random stuff that made no sense, but apparently he mentioned me a few times. Kay said that he was calling me sexy, but no fun. I rolled my eyes and Kay continued with other stories that I honestly didn't really care about. I'm just glad she had fun without getting drunk. Grant probably only wanted me to get drunk so I'd be clueless and kiss him or something.

"Sounds like you had a good time." I said. Kay nodded and then told me about how happy she was with Nash. I was so happy for them, but part of me got scared that Taylor would get scared about Grant. I really shouldn't have gone to that party. But I had to be stronger than Grant. I promised myself that I would be stronger and that's when Kay left the room. But someone else came in to the room. It wasn't Taylor. It wasn't Jack. It was my mother. Now I would have to tell her about the party and deal with her freaking out.

Authors note:

Hey guys! So I tried to make this chapter extra long for you. Thanks for 13.2k reads(: It means so much. Please comment your thoughts. I'd like for you guys to tell me what you think about the story itself and especially this new character...Grant._. thanks for reading.

~Ry(: