May 1st

"Good morning dear." Ethan said as I opened the front door to him. We always meet before college, mainly beside the tree outside college or Ethan often popped by my house and walked me there. He was wearing one of his tartan ties today. He has a few now. They make him look quite smart. I bought him this one for our sixth Christmas together.
     "What do you want?" I sarcastically replied.
     "I'm here to walk my delightful bestfriend to college."
     Madeline came rushing to the door, pushing past me and cutely wrapped her arms around his waist.
     "Hey you." He said patting her head.
     "Are you still wearing your bracelet?" She asked, releasing her grasp from around him.
     He dangled his wrist in front of her. "Of course I am!" He knelt down and kissed her cheek. "You best go and get ready for school, you. Don't want you to be late do we."
     She sighed, then returned inside and raced back upstairs. I adore how well Ethan and Madeline get along. He was so nervous when he first met her. She was such a tiny, delicate baby. He's loved her endlessly since that moment.
     My Mum then came to the door. "Hello Ethan, how are you? Have you two admitted you're both perfect for each other yet?"
     "I'm well Mrs. Bishop, I trust you're well, too. As for August, she's too... boring for me, like a cat, I'm more of a dog person." Ethan replied with a smug look upon his face.
     "Well this chat is fabulous guys. I do wish we could continue it, but we must dash," I announced.
     "Let me grab my bag and we can go." I said to Ethan, who nodded in acknowledgement.
My Mum grabbed my wrist before I rushed down stairs. "Stop being boring." She said, raising her eyebrows at me.
     I rolled my eyes at her and laughed. She didn't mean it because she thought I was boring, she said it because she wants us to be a couple.