I need you like.....12

The Halloween Nightmare

These headaches were getting on my nerves, ever since I woke up from my coma. Apparently a girl named Britney and I suffered from a major fall, I can't remember what happened. Britney and I weren't friends, I didn't even knew her, what happened? I still can't believe that she died though. I was lucky to be alive, but sadly, my head was still messy from the fall.

I couldn't move my legs and arms, imagine my depression. All I wanted to do was cry, I didn't want to see anyone, just my dad. Imagine my surprise when my uncle told me that my father had died a few weeks back. I was back in my depression, isolated from anyone and everything.

I slowly started to open up, letting the physiotherapist coming in to help me regain my movements back. As weeks past by, I slowly started to walk, step by step until I could walk two steps, three steps, four steps, until it became an average walk. Not there but getting there.

Hands movements and exercise, the depression lessened. My father's dead in the back of my head. A smile on my face, my brother giving me the strength I needed, room filling with each week past. Slowly regaining and being the girl I was before the incident.

My family being there for me even when I pushed them away, helping me recover when I had given up on myself. "I want to propose a toast, to everyone here. It's been a rough three months but I'm happy to be, and to be the same girl I was before the accident."

When I got out of the hospital, I made a special and small gathering to thank my family for being there for me and to cheer me up when I had given up and was in a really dark place. Depression is not a joke, you don't know how strong you are until you are put out there in the ocean without any life vest to keep you above the water. Lucky for me, my family members were my life vests.

Remember, not everyone has life vests.

I opened the door of my dorm, gasping at the balloons and the welcome back cards. "Surprise!" I looked around in astonishment, I can't believe that Shadira did all this for me. "Bitch, you're back. I missed you, it was hella boring without you."

She pulled me into a tight hug and I squeezed her tightly, picking her as I whirled her around. When I put her down she picked me up and turned me around. We laughed, shaking our heads as we pulled each other into a tight hug. "I missed you too my whore."

She rolled her eyes at me and I scoffed a laugh as I shook my head at her. "A birdy told me that you don't remember something so, I spent my weeks making you this album of our epic moments that you forgot."

We sat on the bed for most of the day, looking through the scrapbook she made. It was lovely of her for making this for me. I pulled her into a hug after, thanking her for being the best friend I could have ever asked for.

After that, I found myself asleep on the bed. We decided to stay in and just have our pajama night. Tossing and turning as if someone or something was trying to keep me awake, I sighed, sitting up slowly as I brought my nightgown closer to my body and shuffled my feet around to grab my slippers.

"Where are you going?" Shadira moaned in her sleep and I turned to look at her, "Just need some fresh air, sleep. I'll be right back." She nodded her head and turned over, going back to sleep.

I walked toward the door and got out of the dorm, closing the door behind me as I made my way through the cold and chilly hallways. The campus was empty, everyone asleep as I wandered around alone.

Where are you going? I scoffed, shaking my head as I yanked down my arm from his grip. He glanced down when I did that and grabbed my hand again and I did the same thing again.