Sprinklers on the tramp

****027: Sprinklers on the tramp

Maille awoke slowly, she felt really disoriented. She knew at once she was on the tramp, but it felt like late summer and somebody had turned the sprinkler on. It was light, the sun was beating down ferociously and she was wet, very wet. And she was in the middle of the tramp, squashed next to a body ... which wasn't unusual, she'd woken up many times on the tramp in this way. They always dog piled into the center of the tramp, but she hadn't done it in ages. And her dad sometimes turned the sprinkler on them if they slept too late, but she felt no gentle mist, simply wet.

And then a snort and a rolling over and an arm was flung across her. Maille froze... Kell.

As realization dawned on her she scrambled off the tramp inelegantly, her wet clothing making it impossible to move quickly and she knew it had rained, she also knew she'd slept through it, and

She'd slept all night on the tramp... with Kell. A weird strangled sensation gripped her shoulders, which were suddenly very tense.

Kell's eyes opened as he bounced around uncomfortably alone and wet. His eyes opened and he saw Maille standing there staring at him, her luminous eyes filled with sparkles, her hand to her mouth in consternation.

He grimaced. He felt around his mouth with his tongue and grimaced again. "Leaves kind of a bad taste eh?" he said and his voice was hoarse and raspy.

"Don 't you have to be at work?" she cried, turning frantically from the house to the tramp, and then finally relaxing as it dawned on her nothing had happened except they'd fallen asleep, and there was nothing wrong with that.

"Co-ed slumber party." he said and grinned sitting up dead center in the tramp. His hair stuck out at all angles, and his eyes were so sleepy and his demeanor so groggy, as he stretched his neck to both sides, and flexed muscles, pulling shirt and pants to normal positions, that Maille had to laugh.

"It rained on us."

"Warm rain." he conceded, and then jumped off the trampoline and started walking to his car. He unlocked the door and let the caged monkey out. With a screech, and a disdainful slap, Kiyah flipped over to the bushes. Maille spun around.

"Oh, poor thing. We forgot him ." she said. "What should I get him? Does he drink out of a cup?"

"Yes." Kell retrieved his cell phone. He spoke for a few minutes into it and then turned to look at Maille who was watching the monkey drink a glass of water in fascination .

He smiled sleepily. "I don't suppose you have anything with any color to put on?"

She eyed him thoughtfully. "Nothing."

"Well, get in." he commanded and she came over to the car.