Love, Really?

"Been in love..." she whispered back and he raised his eyes acknowledging her thought. Her hair floated around her face, a cloud of black silk, a froth of creamy mist. The wall lost its solidarity, the bed its gravity. Kell's fingers slid beneath her silky hair, his lips descended toward her, drawn by a force so irresistible he couldn't breathe. Like a magic spell, she was his princess, and she was awakened by his kiss.

He let his lips brush against hers, knowing her first kiss, understanding. He lingered there. Just barely a brush, soft, sweet, trusting.

He pulled back. Maille's eyes were closed, her lashes a dark smudge against her cheeks, the soft bloom of expectation riding along the curve of her cheek. It was all the confirmation he needed. He fastened his lips to hers, hungrily, knowing her taste before he tasted, knowing her yielding contours before she responded. He deepened the kiss, parted her lips, entered her mouth, became part of her...

He stayed where he was but he let her lips go. Maille opened her eyes. "I can't breathe." he smiled. "You took my breath away."

"It's what I've been wanting ." she sighed. "How did you know what I've been wanting? Am I so obvious?"

"Is it wrong to want your first kiss?" he bent and captured her bottom lip and gently tugged on it.

Maille arched toward him, her fingers clenched suddenly into a fist.

"I don't know what I want." she whispered. He lowered his lips once again to hers, pressed, sucked gently and then parted hers again to sip at the sweet nectar offered. Maille offered.

Kell twisted his fingers in her hair, allowed his other hand to slide down her neck to her arm, and over, to run softly over forbidden territory. His mouth followed, trailing soft feathery kisses down her neck to where her hand was guarding. With his chin he nudged her hand away, she moved it slightly. He nudged again. The nightgown pulled taut over her and she felt her breath catch as he breathed through the material on her heated skin. He held her there, hands on both sides, just breathing through the nightgown.

Maille's palm blocked him from moving the cloth. He went to the exposed skin above the lace and planted a breathy kiss there.

With both hands in his hair she brought his face up to hers. Her eyes were open and she looked at him keenly. "What are we feeling?"

"Infatuation." he whispered.

Maille swallowed. "It feels really good."

"Yeah."

"Kiss me again." she whispered.

Kell smiled and lowered his lips once again to hers to feel that familiar yielding, that longing.

"Taking it to another level." he said.