Oh, He Wants You All Right

049: Oh, he wants you all right

Maille went back to Park City, her tears dried on her cheeks. She'd called the final care facility and found that the morning had been uneventful. Myndee had been moved back to her own room. She was resting comfortably, but had asked for Maille several times. The nurses even said that the asking every so often was more normal than the not asking had been before Kell and Maille's appearance.

Maille showered in her own bathroom, and then changed into brown jeans and a tan and coral plaid blouse. She didn't have anything else. She found a suitcase in the garage and packed a few things, her personal items and her pajamas. She made several trips to her car, pillows, blankets, and a few books.

Then she drove over to the music studio, fulfilled her obligation singing for Michael for three hours and then went to visit Myndee.

"Hi." she said when she got there and saw Myndee lying on her back, wheezing tolerantly.

Myndee's eyes were ringed in sickly yellow. "Hi. Maille."

Maille went to her side and sat on the bed. "How's my girl?"

"Fine." Myndee coughed and then managed a wan smile. "How's my castle?"

Maille held up the most recent video episode. "I have the goods right here, doll." she pulled the TV closer hooked it up. They both laughed. "Megan has it all drawn out. She even lets me paint the background. The meadow background."

"Did you get any furniture yet?''

"I'm not very good at this, am I?" Maille yawned.

Myndee eyed her critically. "I saw you sleeping with your head in Kell's lap this morning. Did you kiss him again?"

Maille shook her head and smiled in a self-deprecating way. "I don't know how I got there, and I won't make that mistake again."

"I think Kell really likes you."

Maille digested this. "Well, I think he really doesn't know what he wants from me."

"Oh, he wants you all right." Myndee said and coughed some more. "He wants to kiss you more."

"What makes you say that, Myndee?"

"He was playing with your hair while you slept."

Maille shook her head disregarding this observation. "You don't know Kell. He thought he owned my hair a week ago. He was always pulling me around by my hair." Even now she could feel the slight tugs as he pulled her closer, or guided her around. "That doesn't mean anything."

Myndee lifted a small shoulder. "I think it does. I think he was remembering your kisses while he played with your hair."