Chapter Nineteen

Luke's POV

I slowly wake up and see Bella's not beside me, making me frown. I get up and look around the house, starting to freak out when I can't find her anywhere. I sigh in relief when I walk downstairs and find her asleep on the couch.

I decide not to wake her up just yet and head back upstairs, changing into the clothes I had brought with me yesterday. I get ready for school, then walk back downstairs and grab an apple, eating it while I let Bella sleep more. I woke up an hour before I normally do for school, so we won't be late.

Rose's POV

I'm way too scared to even sleep now, that's how bad knowing my mum is out of jail is effecting me. I've cried so much since yesterday, my voice is completely gone. Calum has tried getting me to sleep, but I can't because of fright.

I get ready for school and splash water on my face, trying to make the puffiness of my eyes go down. Calum woke up a little bit ago, so I don't have to worry about waking him up. I left the bathroom door open since I already changed, then looked up and saw Calum standing near the doorway with his arms crossed through the mirror.

I bit my lip and he walked over, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind and resting his chin on the top of my head. I backed into his embrace and closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. I can talk, but it's a whisper.

"I don't want to leave the house, baby. I'm still extremely scared," I frowned, then looked up at him. He sighed and ran his hands up and down my sides, making me shiver a little.

"I know, baby girl. You have every reason to be scared, okay. But trust me, I won't let your mum hurt you again. I've seen you hurt way too many times, and the site breaks my heart. When you're with me, you'll be safe. I promise," he whispered calmly, kissing my cheek.

I nodded, then looked in the mirror at our position. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and unlocked it, my thumb hovering over the camera. I take a deep breath and nod slowly, then open up the camera and look up at Calum.

I give a faint smile and he returns it, then connects our lips in a gentle kiss, with me returning it. I use that opportunity to take a picture, then pull away and bite my lip. I set that picture as my lock screen, pulling another faint smile.

"I love that picture, baby girl. It's probably my new favorite. Well, besides the ones I have of you," he laughs lightly, making me roll my eyes and smile a little more. He kisses my temple, then goes to get ready for school.

I brush my teeth and my hair, then put on my minimal amount of makeup. After that, I let Calum have the bathroom to finish. I grab my backpack and sling it over my shoulder, then we head downstairs. I grab an apple and take a bite out of it, getting a smile from Calum since I'm eating more now. He sits down next to me on the couch, pulling me onto his lap.

I smile and kiss his cheek, leaning back into his chest. This is the moments I enjoy with Calum. Well, I enjoy all moments, but these are some of the best. We're just waiting on shook to start, but since we live across the street, we can leave with 10 minutes left.

Isabella's POV

I get lightly shaken awake by Luke. "Babe, it's time to get up for school," he says.

I nod, rub my eyes and sit up. I forgot I fell asleep on the couch. I get up, walk upstairs, do my business, and wash my hands. I get dressed in jeans and a long sleeve Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle shirt that I stole from Michael. I go back into the bathroom, brush my teeth, wash my face, brush my hair, and put on my minimum amount of make-up. I put one shoe on, grab my backpack, phone and my keys. I walk downstairs and walk into the kitchen, then grab a breakfast bar and start eating it.