14

Chapter One 

***

Call Started 9:45pm 

   EA: Hey Jenny, we need you here.

   JA: Why is that? I sit something urgent? 

   EA: Uhm, kind of. You need to come down here. Mom needs you right now. 

   JA: Can't you take care of it, I am all the way in Boston and I haven't seen you guys in a year. 

   EA: I understand that big sis, but mom needs you 

   JA: Fine, fine. I will get on the next flight to Florida, I will text you when I make it..

   EA: Okay. See you soon.

Call Ended 9:48pm

    I walked back into the room where all my friends were hanging out. I looked around and my eyes landed on Asher. His eyebrows were pulled together and he did that 'sup' head nod to me. I shook my head and mouth a 'tell you later' and he nodded. 

   "We should make cupcakes and listen to music," Aria suggested. Everyone chimed in with 'yeah's'. Everyone started downstairs and Asher and I stayed behind. 

   "What happened?" he asked, concern clear in his voice. That is new. 

   "Uhm my mom. My older sister goes to a college in Boston and she has always been the one to calm down my mom in situations like this so she is going to stay with us for a couple of days," I explained as we slowly made our way downstairs. Once we got downstairs, Summer and Aria were setting up for cupcakes and the guys were sitting at the bar. 

   "Go join them," he said. I nodded because I already was going to. I walked into the kitchen with Summer and Aria and they were heating up the oven. 

   "Okay-" I started, clapping my hands together. "What do I need to do?" Summer threw me the box and Aria handed my the pan with cupcake holders. "Got it. What are the boy's doing?" The boy's started busting up laughing. 

   "They are going to do the only thing they are capable of doing," Summer started. 

   "And that is," Lucas dragged out, reaching for her hand. 

   "Sitting there and looking pretty," she finished, patting his head. Aria and I started busting up laughing. 

   We started making the cupcake, throwing all the ingredients into a glass bowl and blending. We put them into the paper cupcake holders and stuffed them into the oven. I leaned against the counter and scrolled through twitter. The next thing I know, there is frosting smeared all over my cheek. 

   My mouth gapes open and I look up to see Asher holding a spoon, waving it around in the air. I closed my eyes and took a breath. He started laughing. I licked my lips and reached for an egg. 

   "W-what are you going to do with that?" he asked with a nervous chuckle. I waved it in the air, looking from it to him. 

   "Well, lets just say if I were you, I would run," I say and his eyes widen before he bolts through the house. I chase after him and once we reach the living room, we are going in circles around the couch. I sent him a couple death glares and he kept ducking like I was going to throw it at him from across the room. Yeah, I don't want to be responsible for that mess. 

   "Awe, come on. Now you taste delicious," he says with a chuckle, his smile dying. I roll my eyes. 

   "Yeah, because of you," I say, pointing to the frosting on my cheek. He burst into laughter at the thought. I groan and finally, out of the blue, threw the egg. It went spiraling in the air and hit Asher square in the chest. He looked up at me, wide eyed, and I smirked, crossing my arms over my chest. 

   "EGG FIGHT!" I heard Mason yell. Everyone ran to grab eggs from the carton and started hurling them at everyone. I grabbed an egg and threw it at Garrison and it hit him. He hobbled over in pain and I laughed. Before I knew it, something hard hit my head and egg juice streaked down my face. I started laughing and turned to see Asher. 

   I smiled and rolled my eyes, playfully pushing him back. I heard a knock on the door. 

   "I'll get it," I said while laughing. I jogged to the door and swung it open. There stood the guy I now hated, his hands shoved in his pockets. "What do you want Alex?!"

***

A/N

   Sooo, there is chapter 14. Gosh I am honestly baffled that this book has gotten this far, but I now have a plan for this book, so I hope you enjoy. I am excited for you guys to read this book and I appreciate all your feedback. I love ya'll. Thank you, I wouldn't be here without you..I appreciate it so much. I love you forever and ever and ever, okay?

Don't forget to share, comment, and vote.

Much love,

   -Alyssa