15

Chapter Fifteen 

***

   I couldn't believe my eyes. The person who I will hold a grudge upon for the rest of my life, is standing at my door step. He can't leave me alone can he? As soon as my life starts getting better, he has to find a way to ruin everything. Well this time, I am not going to allow it. Now, It's revenge. 

   When a certain someone had heard what I said and rushed over. Soon, Asher was in front of the right half of my body. I could hear him grinding his teeth together since he was so close. 

   "Let me speak to her," Alex growls. 

   "Over my dead body," Asher replies in the same tone. 

   "You don't know anything, so move cheap shot. Elle, can I talk to you?" he asks, looking over to me. 

   "You're funny, Alex. I am not speaking to you alone," I say, gripping Asher's arm. Alex rolls his eyes. 

   "Please Elle. I want to talk about us," he pleads. 

   Us? There is no us, I want to get revenge, I am not getting back with you. 

   "There is no us. I am with Asher now," I say without thinking. Alex looks surprised, and well, I am too. I didn't know that was going to come out, but I know how much Alex hates Asher, so it is the perfect revenge plot. 

   "Seriously. This guy. You haven't even known him that long," Alex starts, pointing to him. 

   "Yeah, but he is way better than you'll ever be," I reply. 

   "She doesn't want to talk," Asher butts in. Alex gets in his face and now they are inches apart, ready to rip each other apart. I wriggle my way between them and push their chest apart. 

   "Stop, please. Don't do this-" I start. I drop my hands and turn to Alex while Asher grabs both my arms from behind. "Alex, leave." 

   "I want to talk to you," he says. 

   "There is nothing to talk about. Go!" I yell before slamming the door in his face. I hear his fist make contact with the door and I flinch. Asher wraps his arms around me without thinking. 

   "So, we're a couple now," he says, a hint of sarcasm in him voice. 

   "Nope, just had to get him angry. I want revenge and I thought that was the perfect way to get it. He hates you," I reply once I turn to him. He grabs my wrist and takes me to the couch. I know that any minute now, everyone would be asking questions, so Asher took this time to talk to me. 

   "But that is the perfect revenge. We act like a couple long enough for him to get jealous and move onto the next girl and then we fake breakup," he says, placing his hands on my shoulders. I shrug them off. 

   "That's the thing Asher. He won't move on. Stuff happened and he is still crawling back," I say, looking down. He puts two fingers under my chin and lifts my head up so that I can see him. 

   "Let's do it. C'mon. I want to help you," he pleads. I guess he really wants to help me...but why? We don't even like each other. I put my hands up in surrender, not wanting to argue anymore. I honestly just want to sleep at this point. 

   "Fine, fine. I'll be your fake girlfriends or the other way around. Whatever," I mutter the last part to myself. He smirks and I roll my eyes before getting off the couch and walking to the kitchen. Everyone was gathered around talking and I interrupted. 

   "Sooo, you and Asher are a thing," Aria said, wiggling her eyebrows. 

   "Ew-" I was saying but then remembered our revenge plan. "-yeah totally." 

   "When. Were. You. Going. To. Tell. Me," Garrison says, slapping my arm between each word. I rubbed the spot he had hit several times. 

   "I am sorry. I was going to tell you guys, I just, I couldn't find the right time," I replied. "Lets just make our beds."

   "All couples sleep together," Summer yells while running upstairs. Oh my dear lord. I can't...no no no. I look over to Asher who is across the room and he has a smirk on his face. I roll my eyes. I hurry up the stairs after Summer and soon, everyone follows. 

   I grab a bunch of comforters, blankets, and pillows from the hall closet and drug them back to my room. Everyone helped me set up beds for everyone. Asher and I were sleeping on my bed together, Summer and Lucas were sleeping on the sofa together, Garrison went to sleep in his room, rude much. And Aria and Mason slept in opposite beds. Just fan-freaking-tastic. 

***

   Everyone is asleep and I lay wide awake with Asher snoozing away by my side. I sigh and I feel his body shift and he slings an arm around me, unexpectedly pulling me towards him-making me yelp. He shushes me. 

   "You 'shush' everyone is asleep, we don't have to act like a couple," I say barley a whisper. 

   "You should be asleep," he said, concern in his eyes. The moonlight hit his face just right to make it glow. To show off every dimension, every curve, every cut, and every lie. Every lie he has every told and every secret he has kept. But I can't judge him because I have secrets too. 

   "And you should be on the floor," I say, looking at the floor. 

   "Then you would be lonely." 

   "I would much rather be lonely than in the same bed as you." 

   "Don't lie to yourself." Sometimes I wish I could. Sometimes feelings are hard to hold on to and they just slip, but I can't let myself fall for him. I can't let him win. "Goodnight princess." 

Elle, this isn't good, you can't fall for him. 

You can't stop yourself after you do. 

   And that's the thing. Have I fallen for him already?

***

A/N

   Hey guys. There is chapter 15, I hope you enjoyed. Wow, what about that last part and about their revenge plan. I hope you will continue to read and leave feedback. I love you forever and ever and ever, okay? 

Don't forget to share, comment, and vote. 

Much love,

   -Alyssa