21

Jenny Above

Chapter Twenty-One

***

      When we got back to the house, Jenny quickly made herself at home, even though this isn't her home. It actually kind of annoyed me. 

   I know, I know, I should be happy to see my sister, but I am not. She left us and mom was very upset. 

   "So, what are we going to do until mom gets home?" Jenny asks, sitting on the couch watching Teen Wolf. I rolled my eyes. 

   "Asher and I will be in my room talking. If you need anything, please knock," I said, grabbing Asher's hand and leading him up to my room. I walked in after him and shut the door. I know that since she is watching Teen Wolf she won't bother us for a while. Let's just hope Dylan O'Brien can consume her for a while. 

   "What's wrong, Elle?" he asked concerned. I rolled my eyes and sat next to him. 

   "I don't want to be around, her," I say with disgust. His eyebrows furrowed. 

   "Why?" 

   "Because. She left. She abandoned us, me, my mom...Garrison. I can't just forgive her for that, but she has always been the one to calm my mom down," I explain. 

   "I think you should go on a shopping trip or something like that with her and work it out. Talk about it." 

   "How can I do that?" His eyes narrowed. 

   "Just do it." 

   "Copyright."

   "What?" he asked with a chuckle. 

   "You copyrighted Nike. Don't," I replied and he smiled. 

   "You are so weird."

   "I know," I said, flipping my non hair considering it is in a bun. Fail. 

   "Can we talk, Elle. Like talk-talk," he said. Now he has my complete and undivided attention. What do we need to talk about?

   "What do we need to talk about?" I asked, concern clear in my voice. He licked his lips before responding. 

   "Us," he said and I was frozen. There is no us, what. 

   "Why would we need to talk about us?"

   "Elle, we aren't going to pretend that that kiss meant nothing. It obviously meant something. I could see it," he said, stiffening up. 

   "It was a mistake, it shouldn't have happened," I replied, my voice shaky and quiet. 

   "It obviously wasn't a mistake because I know you felt something too," he said. I did. 

   "I didn't. It was an in the moment thing, Asher."

   "It wasn't Elle. It meant something. Why can't you just admit it," he said, getting angry. 

   "Because it meant nothing. We mean nothing!" I yelled, now angry. He rolled his eyes. 

   "Please. You may be able to convince yourself of that but you aren't fooling me. We both know that we feel something for each other. Why can't you admit it. I will," he says. Everything that came out of his mouth was true. He does like me and I like him. But this can't happen. 

   "It may be true but we can't happen Asher," I respond, looking down. 

   "We can't or you don't want to?" 

   "It doesn't matter." 

   "It does matter because you matter. You are something to me and I know you feel something for me to. You are just to scared to admit it!"

   "Just be quiet," I mutter, barley a whisper. 

   "No. I know you don't want me to." Is he right?

   "Asher, just please. Don't." 

   "No, you don't. Don't act like we aren't anything. Don't act like we don't notice everything about each other," he says, standing up in front of me. He was towering me. 

  "We aren't, just go," I said. 

   "I am not leaving, Elle. I can't. I can't physically do that to myself. I can't be away from you without being hurt. I want you....in every way humanly possible." 

Elle, please don't.

I have to. 

   "Does this answer your question," I say just before leaning in and pressing my lips to his. Finally, every question I had was answered. He really cares for me and I pushed him away. But I am done listening to my conciseness, because this whole time it has been saying he is bad news, but he has liked me the entire time.

   I pull away from him and he has a toothy grin on his face. 

   "That does answer my question. Why didn't you do that earlier?" he asked, breathless. 

   "Because, I have been a complete jerk. I listened to my conciseness about not trusting you when this whole time you have been protecting me and all I have is push you away," I explain. 

   "You haven't been a jerk, you have been cautious. It is understandable. All I care about now is that you are mine and we can rub it in Alex's face," he says, wrapping his arms around my waist. I smile. 

   "You have to do a real way to ask me out like a date, flowers, chocolates, and then you have to pop the question," I say, pulling away from him. "Until then, we aren't official." 

   "What?" he asks, his mouth hanging open. I roll my eyes. 

   "You heard me, pick me up at 7," I say and walk out..

Tonight will be fun...

***

A/N

  Hey I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.  I hope you are excited about Asher and Elle. I love you forever and ever and ever, okay?

Don't forget to share, comment, and vote. 

Much love,

   -Alyssa