17

Chapter Seventeen 

***

   So, today is the first day that the whole school will know about Asher and I 'dating', so, since I have a little more time to get ready today, I decided to dress a little more, dress-to-impress. Also it is probably the best outfit I own with out looking skimpy. 

   I dressed in a pair of black skinny jeans, a white tank top, a denim button up, and a pair of tall tan wedges. This is for your reputation Asher. I curled my brown hair and I did a little bit of make-up today, which just included, winged eyeliner, mascara, and matte lipstick. 

   I grabbed my backpack and phone and headed downstairs where my brother was eating food, as per usual. 

   "Why are you dressed all fancy?" he asks in a girly tone. I smile and roll my eyes. 

   "Because today is the day that everyone will see Asher and I as a couple, so better make us look good," I respond. I kind of also wanted to dress kind of cute today. New, yes I know. Surprising, yes I know. I kind of also want to look good in front of Asher. Surprising, yes I know. Ew, yes I know. 

   I heard a knock on the door and I walked up to it, my heels clacking on the hardwood floor. I opened the door and Asher stood there in a pair of khaki joggers, a floral button down, a pair of white Jordan's, and a gold chain around his neck. I smiled as his jaw dropped. 

   "Man, Mason was right, you do know how to clean up well," he says. I felt the heat rush to my cheeks and he takes my hand. "You ready?" I look over to Garrison who is scarfing down his food and I look back to Asher and nod. 

   "Yep, let's go do this thing," I reply, intertwining our fingers while we walked to his black Jeep Wrangler. We got in and he started for school. Once we got there, we got out and Asher walked over to me, slinging his arm around my shoulder. I looked around. "Everyone is staring."

   "Nope, not that gu-nope he just looked. Yep, everyone is looked," he said as I messed with his fingers on my shoulder. Great! Note my sarcasm. We walked to my locker and I got my needed books out. Asher took them from me and I looked at him, confused. 

   Is he being a...gentleman. 

   "What would a good boyfriend be if he didn't carry his girlfriends books, silly," he says, patting my head with his free hand. I roll my eyes and take his hand. 

   I know that soon, this whole fake boyfriend, fake girlfriend thing, will end, considering I am falling for him and I can't. And also because every girl here has dibs on ripping my eyes out. This can't go on for much longer because  I can't seriously fall for him. He is obviously bad news. 

   I sigh and pull my hand away from him and he quickly looks at me, sending me a confused expression. 

   "What's wrong, Elle?" he asks, concern clear in his voice. 

Everything

   "I-I can't do this right now," I choke on my words before running to the bathroom. I get into a stall and start silently crying. I hear someone walk in and my head shoots up. 

   "That relationship is disgusting-" I hear a familiar voice start. Maddie. Maddie is Queen B of the school and picks on anyone and everyone. "Asher should be with someone like me, not like Elle. It's gross. They are totally not right for each other."

  She's right, but not in the way she is thinking. She is right because I know I will end up getting hurt, and I don't think I can handle getting hurt again. This needs to stop. I may need to get Alex back, but this isn't the way. 

   I need to leave Asher, stop talking to him. Forget him. I can't continue to let my heart fall for him because it is just going to get broken. I can't keep doing this. 

   Goodbye Asher Cole...

***

A/N

   Okay, okay, don't hate me just yet. I am sorry for what just happened, but, we still have a little ways to go so don't go on a rampage. I would never do something like that to you guys. I love you forever and ever and ever, okay?

Don't forget to share, comment, and vote. 

Much love, 

   -Alyssa