Chapter 32: Never Too Late For a Merry Christmas

Here it is: the long awaited finale of Fairy Tail: Lost Christmas. I would like to start this message off with my gratitude. For all of the people who have read this fanfic up until now, thank you. I have never thought that I could get so far. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for all of the support. It has been about three years now since I have started this fanfic.  Although it hurts to see that I have taken this long to complete this fanfic, I am proud to say that the end is here.

So, thanks once again and hopefully, we will meet again next time.

🌸Cat🌸

This songs not only sounds nostalgic. It just makes me feel nostalgic. Damn am I old by saying that. Oh well. The song for this chapter is called Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas by Frank Sinatra.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

"Are you slowpokes going to keep me waiting all day long? Let's go already!" Lucy yelled at the distant figures of the fire dragon slayer and blue exceed.

"It's too..." Natsu began before opening his mouth wide for a loud yawn. "...early in the morning...to go to...the guild..."

And then there's Happy, barely able to keep himself awake. It was only a matter of time before he was free falling to the ground. Fortunately, Natsu was there to break his fall. Now, the exceed rests on his friend's shoulder; trying to regain a few more hours of sleep.

"Fine, I won't rush you two," said Lucy, much to the boys' appreciation. 

It was quite early, even for the celestial spirit mage, to get up in the morning. So, why the early morning wake up call? When Natsu and Happy first questioned Lucy about her odd behavior, she just smiled and said in the most playful tone possible that it was a secret. Despite feeling suspicious about her behavior, the boys decided to just participate in the girl's antics. Probably not the best idea, now that they realize how tired they still are. But the way Lucy was glowing with happiness was something that Natsu and Happy haven't seen in a while since she found out about Luna and her mother. How could they possibly ignore this bundle of joy?

"So, what kind of mission were you planning on choosing?" Natsu groggily asked.

Lucy just smiled at him. "Who said that we were going on a mission today?"

"H-huh?" asked the now confused Natsu. "Then why did you drag us to the guild so early in the morning?" Natsu was starting to get a little frustrated by this new piece of information, and it showed in his tone. All of the hours that were wasted just to go the guild. As much as he loves the guild, he cherishes his slumber.

"Just relax already," said Lucy. "The long awaited secret will finally be revealed." Without wasting another second, Lucy opened the large dual doors, revealing the heavily decorated guild hall. Most of the decorations were pretty much the same before Natsu and the others left on their mission: red and green ribbons wrapping themselves around the tall columns that support the guild; Gray and Juvia's snowflakes dangling from the ceiling; and not to mention a bunch of lacrimas that gives off a burst of different colors scattered all throughout the room. What's different is the giant tree that proudly stands in the center of the guild, all dressed up for Christmas; from the sparkling tinsel that hugs the tree from top to bottom to a million ornaments of all shapes and sizes that hangs onto the tree. There's also a large star sitting on top of the tree, shining just like a real star would. Surrounding the tree are not only endless piles of presents, but every single one of their guild mates.

Natsu turned to Lucy, who was giving him the biggest smile he has yet to see today, which says something considering her extra bubbly personality this morning.