Chapter Ten

"Bye guys!" I called, running out the door and to the bus. We've been going to school for two months now, and the babies were going to be born soon. I was really happy to actually go to school. I hadn't ever gone to school, so it had been a new experience for me. Like all those jealous girls who'd do anything to get a boy they wanted.

Which meant I was targeted a lot because girls wanted Simon, and he was mine. It was quite simple really, I wanted him and he wanted me, so I couldn't see why they didn't just leave us alone.

"Calli!" I looked up to see my best friend Reese. She had red hair and hazel eyes, and was on the track and basketball teams. She got to play basketball with the boys, since she was the only girl who wanted to play basketball. She was quite good, better then Simon even.

"What's up Reese?" I asked as she stopped to catch her breath. Her hair was pulled back into its normal ponytail. Hayley, Tori, and Candi were down the hall flirting with the football guys. Well, Hayley and Candi were. Tori and Corey were just listening to the conversation.

"I was going to say that-" She was cut off by a loud BANG! Then people rushed into the building, holding guns. They fired everywhere, and I knew it was one of those shootings you see on television. Everything had been going fine. I rushed into a nearby classroom, and found myself a hiding spot.

After who knows how long, I dared to come out of my spot. I found a lot of people on the floor, injured or dead. What did those people want? I looked around for the faces of my friends, my family. I was at peace knowing Chloe, the babies, Derek, and Annie were okay. Hopefully.

"Callista!" I looked up to see Maya rushing towards me. "At least somebody's okay! I went to hide and I couldn't find anybody!" She grabbed me in a fierce hug. I hugged her back, still looking around. Then I saw a mess of blonde hair and rushed over. It was Hayley, dead. I looked around and saw Tori, Candice, and Corey as well. All alive, but unconscious.

"Maya, I'm going to look around some more. Help them the best you can, okay?" I asked, and Maya did as I told her to. Rafe, Daniel, and Sam were all dead. I brought the others to Maya and helped her patch them up. Candice died, having lost so much blood, but I would grieve later. Maya, Ash, and Corey were all okay, as were Tori and Simon. And me. Only six survivors from our group, excluding the ones who stay home.

We dragged ourselves home to find the supernatural doctor there. Chloe was giving birth. Well, she was done, and we could go see them. Chloe glanced up when I walked in with Simon and Tori, smiling sadly.

"We heard everything. Who all is alive?" She asked. Derek was sitting on the bed besides her, holding a little blue bundle. Chloe was holding a pink one.

"Corey, Maya, Ash, Simon, and Tori. Everyone else is dead. But let's not focus on that, I want to hold my neice and my nephew." I said, holding my arms out. "What're their names?" I asked as Chloe passed me my neice. Simon, Tori, Ash, and Corey were being properly cared for.

"The girl is Lila and the boy is Joey." Lila had blonde hair and green eyes, with a brilliant smile. Joey had blonde hair and green eyes too. In fact, they looked like twins except one was a boy and the other was a girl. I knew they were going to be great kids, but they would have to know pain. Pain, suffering, and loss at a young age. And I refused to let that happen.

"Hello little moró." I cooed to Lila. Being Greek, I could speak a little bit of it. Candi never bothered to learn, and I didn't think Chloe really knew much about her heritage. "Aren't you just adorable?" Lila giggled.

"What kind of language was that?" Chloe asked, trying to take Joey from Derek, but he wasn't letting her. I smiled down at Lila when answering.

"It's Greek. Since we are Greek, I decided to learn the language." Chloe nodded while finally getting ahold of Joey. He was asleep. I asked if I could walk around with Lila and they agreed, as long as I didn't hurt her. I decided to talk to her in Greek.

"Tha gnorízete póno, talaiporía kai apóleia, mazí me ton adelfó sas. Allá tha sas kánei na ólo to ischyrótero." I murmured. You'll know pain, suffering, and loss, along with your brother. But it will make you all the stronger. It was true. It would make them stronger as they grew up.

Lila looked up at me with her big, wondering eyes. Something told me she could understand me, to an extent. I wondered what supernaturals Joey and Lila would be. I wondered where we would go next.