Chapter Twenty

Derek set the explosion off, and I knew this wasn't going to be pretty. There was going to be loss and bloodshed. And I knew I'd be responsible for a major death, I could feel it. Most of us were surrounding the building, blocking the escape. And by most of us, I meant Douglas, Chase, Davenport, Tasha, Leo, Adam, Nessie, Alice, Tanya, all werewolves, Maya, Ash, Annie, Tori, Simon, Reese, and me. The only ones inside were Breem Carlisle, Bella, Emmett, and Corey, and that was to rescue Chloe and the kids. It was Friday today, the day Chloe was with her kids. Made things easier.

A whole bunch of people started flooding outside, and we attacked. Bodies went flying, blood splattered everyone. A guy sent an uppercut my way, and I kneed him where the sun don't shine. We got me in headlock, and shoved me. I went flying into the air, and fell on my back. Ouch. The guy advanced on me, and I threw a force field at him, knocking him down.

I got up and looked around. There were fights everywhere, and the snow wasn't white, but blood red. You could smell it. And I could feel the dead bodies around me. I had to get out of here.

I was blocked by Fenris, her pink hair flying wildly. Her blue eyes were filled to the brim with craziness. Yep, she was psycho. She threw a punch my way, which I deflected with a force field. We kept fighting, her throwing punches, and me blocking them with force fields. I thought it would go on for a while, until someone flew at me and knocked me to the ground. I felt pain on my neck, and I screamed.

"No!" Someone shouted, and the person was flung off of me. I heard ripping, screaming, and then smelled smoke. Something was burning. Was it me? I felt like I was on fire. There was more screaming, so loud it hurt my ears. I wanted to help whoever was screaming in pain, but I couldn't move. I felt like I couldn't even breath. There was a fire in my bones, my muscles, everywhere.

I smelt more blood, heard the sounds of fighting. I almost lost consciousness a few times, but the fighting kept me awake. And that voice, begging me to not die. I didn't know who it was, but their voice kept me awake. It was a voice I wanted to hear everyday for the rest of my life. It sounded like the voice of an angel.

"Simon, is she okay? I heard about what happened, speaking of which, what did happen? I didn't hear the exact details, just that she was bitten." A voice screeched, and it sounded full of worry. And who was bitten?

"Elu." Elu! Elu was a vampire, and she bit someone! "I don't know if she's going to be a vampire or not, she didn't get a deep bite in, someone ripped her off. I don't even know if she's going to be the same Callista. But I don't care, as long as she's alive. I don't want to lose her." And there was the angel's voice again. I blacked out.

______________________________________________________________________

Simon POV

We were fighting for our lives here, trying to save Chloe and her kids. I was busy fighting another sorcerer, and we were both using knockback spells. Then I heard a scream I've heard before, and never wanted to hear again.

Callista's.

I slammed the guy into a wall, then ran towards Callista. Elu had bitten her, but someone had ripped her off. Calli kept screaming, eyes closed. I picked her up and carried her all the way into the lab. It was the closest place there was, and besides, it was already evacuated.

"Simon, is she okay? I heard about what happened, speaking of which, what did happen? I didn't hear the exact details, just that she was bitten." Chloe screeched, sitting next to Callista. There were silent tears running down her face, and she looked so concerned, so worried. And I could see the guilt in her eyes. She thought that this was her fault.

"Elu. I don't know if she's going to be a vampire or not, she didn't get a deep bite in, someone ripped her off. I don't even know if she's going to be the same Callista. But I don't care, as long as she's alive. I don't want to lose her." And it was true. I didn't want to lose Calli, even if she didn't want me. I wanted her to be happy, safe, even if it meant I couldn't be with her.

Callista had stopped screaming, and her breathing had slowly returned to normal. Chloe fell asleep next to her sister, not moving. Derek came in, and carried them to the house. He layed Callista down on his and Chloe's bed, and I climbed in next to her. He dragged a mattress in and layed it on the floor for him and Chloe.

"What about the kids?" I asked, holding Calli close. "And everyone else?"

"Not many survivors. Snow's still alive, who knows where, but that's it for the other side. Chase, Bree, Nessie, Jacob, Ash, and Reese survived. And all the kids except Zoe." He told me. Which meant he lost his daughter. And I lost my half-sister, Tori, and he lost her too. We lost so many people these past few years, and while Snow was alive, we'd lose even more. "Go to sleep Simon. You could use it." I fell asleep.

________________________________________________________________________________

Yeah, I put in two POVs. I wanted ya'll to see what was going through Simon's head when Callista got bitten. Thanks for sticking with me so far, I really appreciate it!