Chapter 2-Is He the One?

He was my sunshine, even on rainy days. He was my moon, watching me over at night, and he was all of my stars. Every single one of them...

Anka

Jared looked at me really confused.

"What?", I asked giving him a smile and ruffling his hair.

"Nothing...it's just...I would've imagined our wedding so different.", he started.

"Do you want to postpone it? You know we can. It's no rush...", I said with a smile.

I didn't understand the rush to get married. I never liked being dragged into things. I did want to marry him, there was no doubt about it, but I felt him very insecure.

"No...it's not that...but I never really asked you what you wanted from our wedding.", he explained.

"Well, I never really thought of it. I was so busy thinking all the wrong reasons why we shouldn't be together, that I never actually given ourselves a chance.", I admitted.

I was always like that. Whenever I found a decent person that cared about me, I always pushed them away. Always. I was waiting for the shoe to drop so bad that I wasn't realizing that I was the one blowing all my relationships in my face.

All my relationships had that end one way or the other. When I thought about it I bursted into a fit of laughter that startled Jared a bit.

"Do you really want me? Do you really want this?", he stopped and looked straight into my eyes.

"Yes, I do. And I don't care about a wedding band, a wedding dress or all that crap. I want you. I want to be with you. Because I've never felt this way for anyone. Are you having second thoughts Jay?", I asked, sensing his slight doubt.

I felt like a part of him really wanted this, that a part of him really meant it, but then again the second those words left his mouth I felt him regret it. What if he thought that we were moving too fast?

"No, I could never have second thoughts when it comes to you.", he replied kissing me softly.

"I think we are putting a lot of pressure on ourselves right now. Let's just relax and do it the way we want to do it. Okay?", I proposed.

"Okay...", he nodded in agreement.

He walked me over to another shop and together we chose another dress. It was white, it was long, and it was just the way a wedding dress was supposed to look like. Or the idea that I had towards a wedding dress. Simple, and yet so tasteful. As I went to try it, I heard my phone buzz in my bag. It was Danny. He asked if we could meet up just the two of us, alone.

I came back into the shop and twirled again. Jared's eyes grew bigger as he watched me. This was the one. This was the dress. The dress that would make him shed tears at the aisle. Not that I was aiming for that.

"My God. I think we have a winner here!", he said in a Texas accent that made me giggle.

"I think this is the one too.", I said happily.

As we stepped out of the shop I told him about Danny. I didn't want him to think otherwise or get the wrong impression. I knew he wasn't insecure, but I just felt the need to reassure him that everything was going to be okay.

"You do what you have to do. I can't just barge into your life and expect things from you. He is your friend after all. I will just go back to the hotel.", he said happily.

"Hotel? No, no, no. You're going back to the hotel to pick up your stuff and you're coming to mine mister.", I said with a giggle.

"By any chance do you happen to have an ironing board?", he asked.