Chapter 16-The Last Leg

I think the scariest thing in the world is you never know someone's true intentions for you.

Ella had clearly been far too long in the business and clearly knew when something was fishy. Anka was a new artist so everyone wore gloves around her and told her what she liked to hear. The second she was given free will to manage everything she booked a flight to London, followed by Tania Brisbane her lawyer and probably the most ruthless lawyer that ever existed in show business.

Clearly the boys from The Script didn't know what George had in mind for Anka or else they would've reacted in a way.

Everything was in such a mess that she Ella didn't quite know where to begin with. Jared was notified as well, since they had their own label going on. Clearly he had an idea or two of what to do when it came to cases like that, because he had his own battle with the record company. It was different in a way,because most of the mess was made by P.R and Human Resources, but still Anka was like a sitting duck waiting to be shot in the head.

George was all laid back and didn't really care about what was going to happen to Anka, or her tour. He didn't care if it all went to flames and she had to cancel it, mainly because he hated her from the beginning. His little vendetta was getting too personal and he couldn't stop now. But it wasn't just his fault. It was Lyra's fault too because she didn't talk to Human Resources or scheduled any interviews at all. She had to learn by now that organising interviews and hiring personnel was one of her jobs as well.

So he was pretty surprised when he got a visit in his office from Ella.

"Hello, do you have an appointment?", asked George as he lowered his legs underneath the table."

Ella glared at him and threw the contract on the table.

"Skype the boys from The Script now. And Legal as well. Emergency meeting.", she said in a cold tone.

"And who might you be?", he said looking at Ella from head to toe.

"I'm Anka's personal assistant and this is her lawyer. Mrs. Brisbane, will you please call Anka straight away?"

Tania opened her laptop and Anka's figured appeared on screen. She was fuming and she never felt more humiliated in her life. But as instructed she didn't say a word. She was just a witness to everything.

"We can do this the nice way or the hard way.", said Ella.

"And what do you mean by that? Is that a threat?", said George looking at her.

"It's not a threat. Look George, or whoever you are, you did absolutely nothing for this artist. You didn't even notify your own artists that you messed it up. So as I said we can do this the nice way or the hard way."

"And what did I do exactly?", he asked.

"You failed to ensure all the necessary personnel for Anka's tour, jeopardizing it. You added unnecessary dates to it without her consent. You didn't protect her when she needed to be protected. Shall I go on?"

"Look lady. I think I took good care of her. It wasn't only my job to do this. It was her damn assistant's job as well..."

George heard Mark's voice dropping like a bomb and suddenly he felt really scared. He wasn't impressed by Danny or Glen, mainly because he didn't deal with them too much. It was Mark that took care of most details and it was also Mark who signed the bonuses and salaries. So when Mark said something you had to comply.