Chapter 14-Without a Word

You can't change something that has already happened...

Shannon was waiting for Anka in a small restaurant in the heart of New York. He knew from previous experiences, that the best way to hide from curious eyes was in plain sight.

She walked into the booth and gave Shannon a hug and sat across from him. She had already asked him to call Jared to meet up. After all, she couldn't keep what happened between her and Shannon hidden if she wanted to have anything with Jared. God knows what would happen between her and Jared if Jared found out from someone else about Singapore.

"Did you call Jared as we spoke?", she asked Shannon.

"Yes, I have. But I still don't get why you wanna go ahead and tell him. It was a one time thing, just a kiss and we were both too drunk to realize it was wrong."

"Because I feel guilty. I wanna tell him..."

"Do you think he feels guilty for fucking various women on tour? And for not telling you about it? You should know by now that what he doesn't know won't hurt him..."

"I feel it on my guts Shannon! I seriously do! Blame me for that.", she said with a pout.

"I know. You wanna be all honest with him. I know. Your honesty will hurt you. It always did."

"He told me something last night that made me think...you know...he gave me a choice between you and him. He told me there would be a million reasons why I should be with you..."

"He served me that same crap today. You know how he likes to dramatize things. And if it's not drama he'll create some. Half the time I feel like he is playing the role of his life.", said Shannon spiteful.

"Shan, don't be like that...he is your brother."

"Sometimes I think he would have figured out how he feels. And have his life all fucking sorted by now...and sometimes I think he took a few steps back.", he concluded.

"Back to what? Or to where?", he heard Jared's voice behind him.

Jared looked amused at Anka and Shannon and took a seat next to Anka.

"We were talking about you...how undecided you can be sometimes.", replied Anka.

"Ah, well, that's not new.", he said with a smile.

She knew she had to thread lightly when it came to him. Jared was mostly calm, but he could go from calm to rage in a matter of seconds if you didn't know what to say. She hated that. She hated the fact that she always had to choose her words with him.

It felt like she was the oldest between them sometimes, despite the feelings she had for him. She clearly loved him, there was no doubt about that, but she didn't like to be bossed around. She was sick of that from the years before she met him.

"Jay...the reason why I wanted you to be here...was that me and Shannon have to tell you something...", she said looking straight into her cup of tea.

"If you're gonna tell me you two slept together, I would've imagined that by now. I mean friends and all, but you've done your fair share of traveling around the world for her Shan. And I don't blame you too.", he said with a smile.

"No, God no!", replied Shannon quickly.

"No, Jay. Me and Shan did have a thing, but it's not what you're thinking about. It was just a kiss. Nothing more...And I wanted you to know about it, because...I wanted you to know..."

"Anka, last night I gave you a choice, more or less. You had to choose between me and Shannon. And you chose me, or at least that's what I hope. Now I'm hoping that somewhere in your busy schedule I might fit in. We can fit in. I've done my fair share of thinking about my feelings and I'm ready to do this if you are ready. And if your PR team is okay with that.", he concluded taking her hand in his.