Chapter 23-Where Is Jared?

I didn't know a thing about him, I only knew that when he kissed me, my whole world became different. It was heaven and hell together in my head...my own secret world. And I would just burn there...

Since it was Christmas Eve, Shannon and Anka had a lot of things to do. As planned, the next day Anka and Shannon went to Jared's place. They expected the house to be filled with the smell of mulled wine, the sound of carols and the smell of baked goods.

Instead they found the house covered in silence. There was no sign of the decorations that Jared hung religiously every year, to the annoyance of his other famous neighbors. It just looked like there was just a regular day and not Christmas Eve.

Constance was there, having her coffee and looking at the boxes she spread all across the living room area.

"I'm so happy that you came round to your senses and I'm so happy that you finished work. I already have two workaholics in the family, I didn't want the third one tagging along.", she said pointing to Shannon and hugging Anka.

"Well, it was sort of a last minute decision. I landed last night in L.A and crashed at Shannon's. Wanted to surprise Jay, but I guess the surprise was on me...", she replied.

"Coffee?", asked Constance putting a cup for Anka.

"Don't mind if I do! Bah! It smells like whiskey...", said Shannon taking the coffee cup before Anka.

"Well, I figured that she likes Irish coffee. Since she is Irish...", replied Constance defensively, taking the coffee cup from Shannon's hands and giving it to Anka.

"Mum, she is not Irish, she's Romanian she just lives in Ireland...", explained Shannon.

"Technically I'm Irish as well, since I got an Irish passport. Thank you for the coffee Constance but I think drinking Irish coffee at ten in the morning is not my thing.", she said politely.

"Well, it's five in the afternoon somewhere.", replied Constance with a wink, while adding a bit more whiskey in her cup.

"For someone that doesn't drink Jared has an impressive collection of spirits.", noticed Anka, pointing at the suspended cupboard that was filled with all sorts of bottles in different shapes and colors.

"He likes to have options.", said Shannon rolling his eyes.

"So where is Jared?", asked Anka.

"He told me something about going hiking and stuff like that. But I figured he'd be back by Christmas. Did you two have a fight? He was so evasive when I asked him about you..."

"No...we haven't...I've just been far too busy with everything. Even though I was just an opening act it was a very long and hard tour. Plus press releases, interviews and award season...and organizing the new tour..."

"I always believed you were destined to do great things. So when is the new tour starting?", asked Constance.

"On the 10th of February. I'm just overly excited right now. I feel like it's just a dream.", admitted Anka.

"Believe me seeing you here after what happened between you and Jared is a dream to me too. It's just like the new tour for you. As I said you were destined for great things. I knew it from the start."

She hugged Anka again and then took another sip from her coffee.

"So we should start getting the decorations out. I'm thinking three pairs of hands are better than one. And before we finish I'll just go on and get the Christmas tree...hopefully I won't get the ugliest tree in the world since it's Christmas Eve."