Chapter 13-Alibi

The best thing about bravery is even a little is enough...

Jared wrapped his arms protectively around Anka before she left. He was a bit scared to be honest...he had never seen her even raise her voice a bit, let alone like this.

She,on the other hand, felt like the air between the two brothers had to be cleared up. They were great working as a team, not fighting. She kissed Jared on his forehead and then waved Shannon 'goodbye'.

"You know we gotta go to our hotel right? It's gonna be a massacre out there.", said Jared.

"I know...I will just go out the same way as I got in. Now it depends on you if you wanna follow me or not...", said Shannon.

"You and Anka are gonna meet up...Why?", Jared replied protectively.

"Because we're friends...that's why...", said Shannon.

Jared wasn't too convinced about that. Shannon clearly had a soft spot for her, and she clearly liked the attention he was giving her. Even at the VMAs he hugged her tightly in front of everyone, he held her hand, he was always focused on her, as if he owned her. As if they were more than just friends. And Jared didn't like that manifestation.

If they were going to take things slow they were going to do it the right way. Not like that...But then again Anka didn't quite say anything about where they were going to go with their relationship. The pre-sex talk didn't really make much of a difference.

"You know I gave her a choice last night...I know you're into her...it's very easy to notice that.", he said.

"I can give you a lot of reasons why I'm into her. We have a lot in common, we talk till the crack of dawn nearly every night, we laugh, I know all that there is to know about her...", explained Shannon.

"And what do you know about her and I don't?", asked Jared.

"She is allergic to cinnamon, although she loves the smell of oranges and cinnamon combined. She loves simple things, like doing crosswords when she is on the road from one place to another. She likes horror movies but hasn't yet found the movie to spook her out...", he replied, not even blinking.

Indeed Shannon did know a lot of things about Anka. They used to FaceTime and watch movies together, she always asked him random questions about his likes and dislikes. He knew everything there was to know about her and she knew everything there was to know about him.

"I told her that you're the right guy for her...because I know I could never be that guy...that guy that cares about a lot of things...", said Jared.

"And still she chose you over everyone else...go figure...", replied Shannon ironically.

"I don't know why she chose me...I don't...I don't even know if she chose me."

"Are you serious? She loves you! Haven't you seen the sparkle in her eyes? Look Jay I gotta go. It's clear we are in her room and it's clear we have overstayed our welcome...we can chat back at our hotel.", said Shannon.

He went through a back exit and as he left to his car, he noticed the herd of photographers and fans outside the hotel. Clearly he had an idea why they were there. Someone must've breathed out Jared spent the night over and they were all waiting for proof.

He decided to linger for a few more minutes, just because he wanted to make sure that things were okay.

Jared came out a couple of minutes later, still dressed in his clothes from last night, this time shirt halfway buttoned and coat in one hand and the photographers started snapping pictures and asking questions. Fans wanted to take selfies with Jared.