Chapter 12-I'm Yours

I'm just so tired and scared and sad, because you don't see me the way I see you...you're the humming in my veins, while I'm just the dust on your fingertips...

Anka felt her eyes fill up with tears. It was the closest she had got to Jared in all this time. She blinked rapidly to clear the tears away because she knew she had to be strong.

No matter how much he wanted to try and be with her she knew all too well that she would end up being hurt.

"So, you knew that you hurt me...you knew what you were doing and you know I'm going to end up broken, but you did it anyway...but why? I only wanted to love you Jay...why did you push me aside?"

"Why does the sun rise in the morning? Why do I mumble your name in my sleep, why can't I stop forgetting you? Why? These last few months I always said to everyone that I felt nothing for you anymore...then why does this nothing break my heart? Anka I'm a man that never quite committed to anything else but his work. Sure, there were perks, a lot of exquisite women, but to me those were like empty vessels. Nothing more. When I saw you in Tokyo, nearly a year and a half ago, I found you nearly at the point of breaking. And I loved you from that very first second...because you were like me. And then you hit your breaking point and I loved you even more..."

"Jay...please stop...this is hurting me."

"I have to let it all out baby girl. I have to. Because if I keep it inside of me, I might lose it. See, I'm selfish...You were the only woman I wanted and the only woman I want even after a year of being apart. And I know you feel the same about me. I'm awfully difficult, but I do know for sure when I love someone, and I've loved you ever since I can remember. And even after all the shit that we've been through, I will still love you. And I will keep on loving you even after you decide to be happy with someone else...because I can't ask you to take me back...not after what I've put you through."

Jared felt his eyes water with tears. He wanted to hold her so tight, he nearly wanted to melt her inside him, so that she would never leave his side.

He looked again into her deep brown eyes, and wiped off the tears off her cheeks. He kissed her forehead and let her go.

Anka just stood there watching him take one step after the other. Going towards the door. A couple of steps more and he would've been out of her life completely and forever. She knew that. He gave up on trying anymore.

The second she heard the door open she screamed from the top of her lungs for him to stop. He darted towards her and took her straight into his arms, pressing his lips avidly on top of hers.

"I will never let you go Jay. Because I am you and you are me. And because no matter how broken both of us are, we will always come back to one another."

She said that while slowly unbuttoning his shirt. With every button she opened he closed his eyes and moaned. He kissed her once more, gently and then he turned her round.

Jared unzipped her dress slowly, pressing his index finger against her spine as he did so. There she was in front of him, the woman he longed for so much time, almost naked.

This time though he didn't want to make the same mistake he made in Dublin. He didn't want to satisfy his hunger for her only to abandon her again.

She took off his shirt and brushed her long fingers down his chest. When she got closer to his pants, she could feel the bulge in his pants nearly explode.

"As much as I would like to have you tonight, I just want to take things slow.", he said slowly caressing her breasts.

"I know. But I want you so bad. I want you to make love to me Jared. Make love to me as if it's gonna be the last time. Like tomorrow we're just gonna be an idea of what we are today...and a memory of what we were yesterday.", she whispered slowly.