Chapter 8-The Big Bang

I guess it's true what they say...if you wait long enough everything changes...

Shannon and Anka finally arrived at the Moorea Beach Club. The place was packed, so they had to wait for a bit to get in. Fortunately, everyone in line was too busy to wait to get in, or checking their makeups, taking selfies and trying to convince the bouncer to let them in to even notice them.

Even more fortunate was the fact that the bouncer recognized Shannon and let them pass towards the V.I.P area to the disappointment of a pack of girls who were trying to flirt their way in.

They were showed to a huge sofa and were brought two menus by the smartly dressed waiter. The pair thanked as they took their seats and looked down towards the crowd dancing on the stage.

The V.I.P area wasn't as loud as the rest of the club. They could enjoy the view, the dancers executing complicated moves on poles, in skimpy outfits, to the delight of both the men and women inside.

Anka was clearly fascinated by the whole club. It was an explosion of colors and lights and sounds that she enjoyed a lot. She clearly didn't try to hide her excitement at all.

"Wow, this place is just so cool! I can't take my eyes off those dancers!", she said as she turned to Shannon.

"It's pretty good right? I thought you might like it."

"Are you kidding me? I love it! I've been to my fair share of pubs, but Vegas, it's something else...Plus, to be honest me and the lads aren't doing much clubbing. They say they're too old."

"Well, they are more than welcome to tag along if they want...shall we start with a couple of shots?", asked Shannon wiggling his eyebrows.

"Sure why not? But if I get drunk you'll have to carry me back to the hotel."

"I wouldn't mind that. You're in good hands."

They ordered two shots of tequila each and downed them in seconds. Anka wasn't a lightweight when it came to drinking, at least not in the past, but given the fact her body has changed dramatically over the last year and the fact that she only allowed herself that shot of vodka at the beginning of the show, she knew that she would get hammered instantly.

She also knew that Shannon wasn't much of a drinker anymore since he used to date Ella, but, she also hasn't seen him in a year.

"Come on Shan, let's dance!", she said, a little louder than she wanted to.

He took her by the hand and headed straight to the dance floor, mingling with the crowd. It was almost perfect. Her hips were swaying to the music and he enjoyed that closeness between them a lot more than he wanted to.

They both did another round of shots after they finished dancing and Shannon was very happy that no one decided to tag along in the end. He wanted Anka all to herself for now, without having to share her attention with anyone.

Anka was enjoying the night as well. She liked how Shannon made her feel her. Protected. But still, she also noticed the fact that sometimes he was leaning towards her a lot more than she would've wanted and felt comfortable with.

"You know I've been thinking about you these last few months...", said Shannon looking straight into her eyes.

He pulled himself a little closer to her and felt he had more courage to say what he felt now that both of them have had a few drinks. If it all failed he could've blamed it all on the alcohol, like he always did when he did something wrong.

"Anka, I really like the way you are now...", he said resting his hand on her neck and playing with her earlobe in the same time.

She closed her eyes, enjoying his touch for a second and then she pulled herself even closer to him.