Chapter 7-What Is Love?

I put on my favorite music on full volume, hopefully to drown out my sadness,but it never seems to get loud enough...

It was a little over half an hour before the Anka's set started and she already felt the nerves kicking in at full strength. Danny and the rest of the band were in the common room, trying to steer her mind away from that.

"Here have a shot.", said Danny handing her over a glass of vodka-cranberry.

This was their pre-gig ritual. Anka took the glass from his hand and downed the content from one big gulp., coughing loudly in the end.

"It never gets easier does it?", she joked, slamming the glass on the table.

"Especially when you ask your ex to come to your gig, not really...", said Danny with a serious look on his face.

She confessed everything to Danny straight after it happened. If it wasn't her to tell, someone most definitely would've. It's not like Jared and Shannon were complete strangers that were just curious about rehearsals. Everyone knew or had an idea of who they were. Especially Colton who launched himself in a detailed version of how him and Anka sung 'Weatherman' in front of the two. Luckily for her, he didn't notice the looks that Jared threw at her throughout the whole time he was around.

Ever since the massive shit that was her almost wedding to Jared, Danny had become overly protective about every guy that was near Anka or tried to get near her. Oh yes, they had to be fully approved by him, before even getting to talk to her, which meant Anka spent half the time in the company of only the crew and a few people from P.R.

To be quite honest she didn't really bother much about that personal aspect of her life. She was fully aware that she had to give up on a lot of things for her career and she was well used to that. It wasn't the first time she gave up on that. Plus, she enjoyed just the flirting and the attention and didn't want to involve herself too much with anyone.

"Give her a rest Danny boy. She can invite whoever she wants to at the gig. Plus the fucker won't even know what hit him when he'll see her dressed like this.", said Mark, their guitarist on a half joking-half serious note.

Mark was right. Anka was looking really appealing in her white skinny pants and her sequin top. It wasn't revealing in any way, and the sequins already started digging into her back, but she looked really classy with her slicked back hair and delicate makeup. Almost like and angel.

"I have that overall, the backless one. I think it would look a lot better. I'm gonna go change before they wire me up.", said Anka scratching her back, irritated by the sequins.

She quickly went to her dressing room and changed into the overall that she was talking about. It was also white and it had something like a train hanging in the back and covering her ass. She already started to feel a lot more comfortable in that outfit and it was a lot easier to move in it. Not that it mattered anyway because most of the songs she had chose to play, didn't involve a lot of complicated dance moves.

The guys from sound added the ear pieces for her to hear the band properly, through the crowd of screaming fans. She then rushed towards the stage entrance to see if the boys have arrived, not without stopping for a group hug before.

Shannon was already there, waiting for the gig to start and was trying as best as he could not to be noticed by anyone. It was Anka's night and he didn't want to ruin it for her, especially when she was opening the gig.

He knew from his own experience it was bad enough to be opening for a big band. Everyone came for the band, not for the opening acts, and, it was even worse for fans to notice other famous people around at the gigs. It happened a lot of times to them at the beginning of their career. The fans' attention would have been quickly shifted from the opening act to the person in the crowd and he didn't want that for Anka.