Chapter 4-A Star Is Born

Keep trying, keep going until you get where you want to be...

Los Angeles

"We have today a set of very special guests, some old, some new to you. But I know all of them have warmed your hearts and made you cry and laugh during the year. Our first guest for tonight is a lady that has made quite an impression in the musical scene lately. Her first single off her album 'Chapter 1' has sky rocketed into the charts assuring her number 1 for five weeks in the U.S. Charts. Here today with us is Alessandra Donnell."

She took it all in. The applause and the screams. She checked her outfit for the last time and went on set. Her heels clicked on the floor and she was careful not to fall in her face as she approached Ellen DeGeneres.

The two women shook hands and both took their own seats.

"Hi, it's so nice to meet you! I've been dying to have you here. So, how do your friends on set call you? Alessandra or Anka?"

"Well, it's actually Alexandra, but everyone got used to Anka a lot more. And believe me, it's a huge honor to be here. I have to say, I've been a massive fan of your show for years.", the woman said, giving Ellen, an award winning smile.

"This is actually so rewarding right now. So. Anka, I'm sorry I messed up your name. You have a very interesting name though. Half Irish, half Romanian. Am I right? Tell us the story about that."

"It's not much of a story, to be honest. And yes, you are right. My name is a mix of Irish and Romanian. I moved to Ireland about eight years ago, and obviously, my name has suffered a lot of changes. Basically, because a lot of people misspelled it. Not their fault, to be quite honest, but it was becoming a bit awkward. So, when I got my citizenship, I had it legally changed. That's the whole boring story to it..."

"You have made quite an impression on everyone. From what I've heard you have won a lot of awards back in Ireland for your music and you have been nominated at the EMA's and the VMA's as well. And all in such a short period of time. Three months...How do you handle the new found fame?"

"It wasn't that many awards to be honest. Just three Meteor Awards. I never would've expected my life to take this turn...as for the new found fame, well, it's a bit awkward to be recognized when you're out in town. Im trying to deal with it as well as I can, taking a lot of tips from my fellow musicians and actors."

"Does it scare you? The fame?"

"Not really. I'm glad that I can make use of my talent and make a lot of people happy through my work. At the end of the day the most rewarding thing is when people tell you how much your work has inspired them."

"When did you discover the love for music?"

"I think the love for music was always there in a way. I didn't take professional studies, if that's what you're asking, just played everything by ear. I've self taught myself to play piano and guitar. And then, I just set a goal in mind and then I chased that goal."

"You made a quick appearance in 'Empire' and nailed it. Your  character, Larissa, although it had a quick appearance, is a very strong willed woman. She was compared a lot to Taraji's character, Cookie Lyon, from 'Empire'. Do you think there is any similarities between the two?"

"I have the utmost respect for Taraji's work. I had the chance to sit and talk to her off set for a bit and got a lot of tips from her, just in case I ever decide to go for acting. I don't really believe Larissa and Cookie are related, simply because Larissa had such a brief appearance. They are though, two successful women who will accomplish everything they set their mind to."