Chapter 22-The One That Gives You

Physical attractions are common, but a real mental connection is rare. If you find it, hold onto it...

Anka got closer to Shannon and pressed her lips on his bare shoulder, leaving a good lipstick print on him. He turned startled and grabbed his guitar as a weapon, ready to hit. He wasn't expecting anyone and didn't want to be bothered by Jared's stupid jokes.

Shannon planned to spend Christmas away from the family, to his mother's annoyance. She rarely had both her kids under the same roof, but Shannon wasn't really in the mood for family reunions, and clearly he wasn't in the mood for the displays of affection between his brother and the woman he loved.

So when he saw Anka he looked at her in surprise, not really knowing if it was really her or if he was dreaming.

"Anka?", he asked cautiously lowering the guitar slowly.

"Yes it's me...", she replied, taking off her huge sunglasses.

"What...what are you doing here? You changed your hair color...you don't look at all like yourself anymore....Aren't you supposed to be at Jared's place spending Christmas? That's what Jay told me...", he asked, scratching the back of his head.

"Jared and I took a break...can we go inside? I don't want anyone snapping any photos of me right now...no one knows I'm in L.A. I will explain everything...", she chuckled softly.

"Okay, let's go in...sorry...Jesus you scared the crap outta me...I'm an old man, you could've given me a heart attack! I don't really know what to say...the whole place is a mess...sorry, I wasn't really expecting anyone...", he replied, opening the glass door to the living room area.

On his way to the kitchen, Shannon picked up a few glasses and threw them in the dishwasher. He was expecting at any minute for Jared to pop in and surprise him. But Jared didn't show up. Instead he saw Anka take off her hat and putting it on the glass coffee table.

In his eyes she looked even more beautiful than ever, if that was even possible...Her new style suited her perfectly and the liner around her almond eyes gave her an almost exotic look. She shuffled for a bit in the leather couch and folded her legs.

"Can I give you something to drink?", he asked opening the fridge, while still looking at her.

"Just water.", she said smiling.

It was very awkward for both of them.

Shannon took a bottle of water from the fridge and looked out the window just to make sure he wasn't going to see anyone else coming through the gate.

He handed Anka the water bottle and took a seat in the bean bag across from her.

"You're probably wondering why I'm here...", she started.

"You mentioned something earlier about you and Jared taking a break. Is everything okay? What happened?"

"Yes everything is okay..."

"Doesn't seem like it. Look, Anka, I'm sorry I didn't say anything after I left Sofia and I'm sorry I can't give you any relationship advice right now...as much as I am so happy to see you here, I can't even look at you right now...please, I will call Jared to pick you up and..."

"I came here because I have feelings for you. I love you Shan...", she said simply.

"You...what? But...you and...I just don't get it anymore...", he replied scratching the back of his head again.

As much as he loved hearing those words coming from Anka's herself, he was clearly not understanding why it all happened. He couldn't understand it.