Chapter 23

---Jay's POV---

I stop Mouse on his way out of the locker room by grabbing his arm. He turns around and gives me his classic, 'what the hell?!' look. I make sure we're alone and then say, "I can trust you, right?"

Mouse's expression shifts and then he says, "Of course man. What's up?"

I take a deep breath and say, "I like Evelyn. And I know, I've made that pretty obvious but I'm not sure if she feels the same way. I just needed to get that off my chest."

He nods and says, "I'll make sure to keep it to myself. But for the record, it is so obvious that she likes you too. Man up and ask her out already."

I shake my head as Mouse leaves. I lock my locker and am about to leave when Erin walks in. She does a quick scan of the room and then says, "Alright, so am I wrong when I say that you like Evelyn?" I shake my head so she continues. "Good. She likes you too. The two of us talked last night and I can tell she really really likes you. You have to ask her out because I will not have her acting like a love-sick schoolgirl while we work. Is that clear?"

I nod and reply. "Of course it is. Besides, I already have a plan."

Erin smiles and says, "Good. But before you ask her, you need to talk to Voight. He absolutely will not allow it unless you do."

I agree with Erin and then we both leave. I take a seat at my desk and then Evelyn and I share in a smile. She turns away first and after a few seconds I snap out of it and turn to my computer. I begin to work on a report but the entire time I can't help but glance at Evelyn as she works. God, she's beautiful.

------------------------

Thanks for 21 800 reads! I hope you all had a great Christmas with family. -Becca