Chapter 27

---Jay's POV---

I run into Med behind the paramedics and follow them into the treatment room. Will comes running in with another doctor I soon identify as Dr. Choi. They help the medics transfer Evelyn to a hospital bed and then Choi says, "Gunshot wound to the arm. I can see the bullet lodged in her muscle. I saw a lot of this overseas so I'll be able to handle this myself."

Will nods and as he exits he taps me on the back. Understanding that he wants to talk I turn to Evelyn and say, "I'll be right back, okay?"

She nods so I exit the room to see Will waiting for me. He shuts the door and then says, "Do you like her?"

I groan and reply, "And why exactly is my little brother bothering me about whether or not I like someone?"

Will smirks and says, "Just answer the question."

I sigh and say, "Alright fine then, I do like her. Happy now?"

Will nods and says, "Definitely. Now somebody just has to hurry up and ask her out. Can't keep the poor girl waiting."

He smirks but I just shake my head and reply, "I was going to after the game but then this whole thing happened. So calm down, it is in the works."

Will chuckles and then excuses himself when a nurse asks for him. I open the door to Evelyn's room and go take a seat on the end of her bed. She smiles and then Choi glances at his watch and says, "The freezing should be set now."

Evelyn nods so Choi grabs his tools and begins the process of removing the bullet. After several minutes Choi has finally managed to remove it. He quickly stitches Evelyn up and then fits her with a sling to reduce the mobility of her left arm while it heals.

She thanks Choi and then we go out to the parking lot where I see Erin has left my car for us. We both hop in and then I begin the drive to Evelyn's apartment. When we arrive there she hops out and then says, "Thanks for your help and support tonight Jay. I appreciate it."

I nod and then Evelyn leaves. I watch as she enters her building and as I pull away I can't help but think of how close I was to asking her, but bullets always happen to get in the way.

-------------------------------

Hey guys! Thanks for 28 600 reads! -Becca