Chapter 30

Jay and I let go of each other's hands just before entering the district. He spent the night at my apartment last night so today we're going to tell Voight and the rest of the team that we're together. I was nervous at first but then Jay informed me that Voight would allow it as long as we were mature about it, which won't be a problem.

After saying a quick hello to the desk sergeant filling in for Aunt Trudy while she's on her honeymoon, Jay and I head upstairs and quickly make our way to Voight's office. After he waves us in and we take a seat Voight says, "So you leave the wedding together last night and come in together to talk to me this morning. So let me fill in the blanks, you're dating."

Jay and I both nod so Voight says, "Well thank you for at least being upfront about it. Now, what's the plan for while you're at work?"

Jay looks at me with wide eyes since we hadn't discussed this last night but thinking on my feet I say, "We don't think it's wise if we're partners here too. I want to continue working with Erin and Jay with Atwater. We determined it would be an easy way to keep work out of the relationship and it'll be better for everyone in intelligence, not just us."

Voight nods and says, "I completely agree. Now go tell everyone else so they're not curious as to why you'll stare across the aisle longingly at each other."

Jay and I both turn red after he says this so we immediately get up and leave, Voight's soft chuckle following us out of the office. When we emerge in the bullpen everyone is starring at us so Jay handles it like a champ and says, "Alright, we confess. You finally got what you all wanted. Evelyn and I have stopped ignoring feelings and are a couple as of last night. You're welcome."

After Jay's bold statement has had a chance to sink in Erin says, "Well it's about damn time."

Everyone laughs and as Jay and I take a seat at our respective desks they all give us hell for taking so long.

----------------------------

Hey guys! So for the time being I've decided to just focus on the fanfics since I can't do both. So I'll be trying to finish them ASAP. -Becca