Chapter 15: Gift of Gold

Author's Note: This song is so so cool and I think it really fits Diana and how much power she has despite what she's been through. 

Diana's POV

When we got to the room, -after having to go to the doctor to wrap up my leg- I sighed and shut the door. This was going to be hard.

Pierce, suddenly sympathetic toward me, walked over and pulled me into his lap. 

"You can tell me anything sweetheart." He ran his hands through my hair gently and sat his head on my shoulder.

"Okay, so I was born into the Shining Star pack with my dad the alpha. It was perfect! I was about four when we were eating dinner and rogues came and took out my whole pack including my parents. When they were fighting my dad, one of them took me and started running away..." I began to sniff tears back and Pierce held me tighter, "when we got to the woods my mom started chasing us and then another rogue tackled her and...yeah."

"Baby....." Pierce showered me with kisses.

"Wait. There's more," Pierce stared at me then flipped me so I was straddling him.

"I'm listening love."

"Thank you. So the rogue who took me brought me to another pack, The Midnight Forest pack. And I was treated as a pack slave. Alpha Rick and his pack abused me and I couldn't eat, or leave the house. One day, his wife lied to him and said that I was being short with her and he threw me in his dungeon. That's when I smelled you looking for me and I escaped through the dungeon and found your gamma Derrik and he bit me and so on."

By the time I was done, I was crying and he was in a state of pure rage. I guess it's just the alpha protectiveness thingy.

Pierce pulled me tight when he saw that I was crying and stroked my back before massaging circles on the small of my back. It felt so good I almost forgot about the pain. 

"I will kill him for what he did to you." He said flatly.

"Pierce, there's more."

"Please don't tell me he's....."

My eyes widened as his voice cracked and dropped off, "Oh, God Pierce no. He never did that to me. My wolf is too protective for him to try anything like that."

He looked relieved and put his face in his hands. It took me a second to notice that he was crying of relief.

"Don't worry I'm all yours." I held his cheeks with both hands and touched our noses together. 

He huffed in anger, "What else were you going to say?"

"Promise not to freak out?" I said quietly.

"Promise." He nuzzled his head into my shoulder and breathed in my scent to calm himself.

"So I've been having nightmares about Alpha Rick ever since I left. He keeps saying that you won't love me and that I'm ugly. He also said he was coming for me. Today when we were getting massages, I fell asleep out of relaxation and had another nightmare, he said he was coming for me and he slashed my leg and it miraculously was cut in real life."

Pierce blew a loud breath out of his nose and a low growl vibrated in his chest as he held me so close that I almost couldn't breath.

"Where is the pack?"

"Pierce. No."

"Diana, how can we fix these nightmares without going to solve it with the actual man himself. What if he is actually coming for you?"