Chapter 20: The Surprise Visit

Pierce's POV

I try not to think about how awesome my mate is as I pace toward the library. I used to go there when I was little to relax and read. My parents had always been big on education and my grades were my number one priority as a kid so I read a lot.

When I shoved open the large brass-lined doors, the fresh scent of my sister flew into my nose. Evelyn? 

She stood on the middle balcony staring out the large window in front of her thoughtfully. Evelyn was beautiful. Very beautiful. But her mate would get a run for their money when he met Hugo since he was so protective of her.

I walk up the beautiful spiral staircase to stand beside Evelyn.

"I missed seeing this everyday." She lightly smiles, not looking away from the window.

"I missed seeing you everyday." I chuckle.

She then looks over at me and knits her eyebrows together in question, "Did you really?" It's a joke when she says it but she was always good with sarcasm so only Hugo or I would be able to tell.

"Of course, you're my sister." I say quietly and laugh.

"How did you meet Diana?" 

I look at her due to her quick change of subject, "We actually met when she escaped from her packs prison, she was an abused pack slave most of her life." I know I can tell my sister anything and she won't say a word.

"That's awful! Why was she a pack slave?" 

"Her pack was attacked by rouges when she was really young. She has Alpha blood in her, but her parents along with the whole pack was killed." 

I watched Evelyn as she frowned. My siblings and I have always had good lives and quite a bit of money so it was almost surreal to hear about those who didn't. 

I looked out into the mountain range of our back yard. 

"Pierce! We have an unknown visitor." Eric runs into the room with a serious look on his face.

"Thank you Eric, I'll be right there." 

I look to my sister who is looking down at the floor in thought. 

"We'll talk later." I promise and kiss her hand.

I stride down the hallway to my room and fling the door open. Diana flicks her head up so her eyes meet mine.

"What's wrong babe?" She asks sweetly and I almost melt right there and then.

I walk up to her and take her hand, pull her to my chest, and breath in her beautiful scent to calm my nerves.

"You still didn't answer my question Pierce." Her voice is muffled by my shirt.

"There's someone new here. You need to stay with me, but stay behind me and hold my hand." She shakes her head then laughs.

"Okay Mr. Possessive." 

We both walk down to the cellars in the basement and I see Diana cringe out of the corner of my eye so I pull her closer to me.

When we get close enough to Derrik and Eric I hold Diana's hand tighter. She squeezes mine back in return.

"Alright, let's get this over with," I sigh, "who are you and what pack are you from?" 

The guy in the cell is platinum blonde and has piercing silver eyes. When he looks up Diana takes in a sharp breath.

"Di di? I-is that you?" The man stutters.

"Willy?" She lets her breath out and I'm utterly confused and irritated.

"Sweetheart, how do you know this man?" I ask her but she ignores my comforting gestures and walks toward the guy and grabs his hand.

I try to hold back a growl but it comes out anyway.

"Pierce! This is William, my beta."

EXTRA SHORT CHAPTER I KNOW! But I will most likely write another one tomorrow too I'll make it up to you guys! I am SO SORRY for being away for so long but I've been super busy and I'm just so so tired. I still love y'all though! *cue the Whitney Houston* AND IIIIIIIII WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOUUUUUUUU...

Yeah I'm weird! Deal with it,

Lilin8er