Chapter 7- Creative Outlet

"So, monsterology is taught by Sazh," Mishaela said to you as the two of you got ready in your room. "He's a very easygoing teacher, as you know, so you should have no problem following everything he says. The coursework is doable, too."

"Thanks," you told her. Mishaela had monsterology last year, and it seemed that she knew a lot about monsters anyway, so you'd asked her about the class.

"Yuffie is in the class, also?" she asked.

"Yeah, ever since she didn't know how banshees attack, Tifa's been pushing it." You turned around to find out that Mishaela was busy getting dressed, and covered your eyes in a hurry. "Mishaela! You could tell somebody when you're taking off your clothes!"

"I'm sorry! I didn't realize changing in the same room makes you uncomfortable."

"It doesn't. You should give me a warning next time, though. It's common courtesy." You walked into the closet to find a clean uniform. "By the way, I need to stop by the school store later to get more of these terrible socks. Do you need some too?"

"Yeah, I think I could stand to get some," she agreed. "We can go after photography class."

"But in the meantime, we have division to worry about," you reminded her.

"Yep. Fifteen minutes of nothing. A beautiful thing." Mishaela smiled.

You walked to school together, enjoying the perfect weather. The heat wave had finally broken, and there was an enjoyable breeze flowing. You almost didn't want to go inside the school when you made it there.

(What division you're in is determined by last name, so find whatever last name you're using in the options here:)

[Option 1: A-D]

You'd be in division with every sophomore whose last name started with the letters A through D. No one immediately came to mind when you thought of that, but as you entered the classroom you were almost tackled by Vanille.

"I'm so glad we get to be in division together, [name]!" she squealed. "I mean, of course if I pass the test I have to take I won't be in here anymore, but still, this is great!"

You smiled. "It is great seeing you here, Vanille. I didn't know your last name."

"Oh, well, traditional Pulsians don't really have last names, per se; we use the names of the clans we belong to, mine being Dia."

You gasped. "Oh, like Chinese dynasties? I get it." You nodded, to show that you did indeed get it.

"Yes, exactly! Since this is the first time I've met this division, I don't know who'll be in here either. I love surprises!" Vanille clapped her hands giddily.

Now that Vanille was consumed in her own excitement, you were able to look around and see who else was in the room. You saw Mumford toward the back of the room, reclining in one of the chairs, reading a book. You also saw that Jazlyn was here.

"What are you looking at?" she asked.

"Hmm, I'm not really sure about that," you replied, adding to the veiled insult by rubbing your chin. "When I think I've found out, I'll drop you a line."

"Ugh." She rolled her eyes and turned the other way.

"Hey!" You turned around to see Glitch walk into the room. "[name], right? Glad to know we're in the same homeroom. Now we get time to talk in private."

"You do know that homeroom is only held at the beginning of the year?" asked Vanille. "And it's only for fifteen minutes."

"That's ten more minutes than I need," replied Glitch confidently, wiggling his eyebrows.