Chapter 29- Dragons Don't Sleep

As the airship made its powering down noises, you rushed to a window to take in your surroundings. "Whoa... what is this place?!" you said quietly.

The city before you had charming houses and buildings all made in a Victorian farmhouse style, brick roads, horse-drawn carriages, and a large, exquisite fountain in the middle of this town square, as it looked to be.

"We might have accidentally gone back in time," you said, turning toward your team.

"No, no..." Lima laughed as she stood next to you, putting her hands in her pockets. "The whole country is like this; for years, the people here have been so busy studying and perfecting the art of magic, they're a bit delayed when it comes to technology."

"A bit?!" repeated Yuffie.

Ignoring her, Lima gestured toward the window. "I give you, the city of Trelana."

"It looks heavenly," you said, smiling.

"Even though the exteriors and transportation aren't advanced, people still have cell phones and stuff," Mumford told you. "Barely. The wi-fi isn't that good here, though, unless you're in the school."

Good thing you were heading to the school.

Everyone began to file out of the ship then, and since it was early morning, there wasn't much noise apart from a few spontaneous conversations being held in the restaurants and stores.

Pacifica Academy awaited, a large building made of dark red bricks, sitting atop a hill.

~ * ~

"Hi, everybody! I'm glad you were able to make it here safely." Logan smiled, leaning against a wall. He no longer had a cast on his leg, and was wearing regular shoes, so you assumed his leg had gotten better.

"Glad to see you too, Logan." Lightning gave him a nod and a teensy smile.

Logan returned her smile. "Right now, Quisty is informing the important guys in the office that we've made it. Since there's stairs involved, we decided I should stay here and wait for you guys." He took a look around. "Man, it feels good to be back; right, Maceida?"

"Eh." She just shrugged.

"Maceida wasn't the best student, guys," Spencer-Lynn said, with a giggle. "I think it's very nice we're back, Logan. Even though I'm not graduating from here, Pacifica will always hold a special place in my heart."

"But our school is better, right?" pressed Snow.

"Oh, Snow." Spencer-Lynn just laughed. "On video last night, I requested that Quistis ask if it's okay for us to tour the school. That way you'll be able to make that decision for yourselves. If they let us, that is."

"They will." Quistis descended the nearby stairwell. "Everyone has to check in at the front desk, but after that you're all free to look around while Lightning and the rest of us talk to the guy."

"Awesome!" Logan grinned. "Can I give you all a tour?"

"We could both give them the tour, Logan," Spencer-Lynn suggested.

"I'd like that." Logan smiled, and blushed slightly, as you all headed to check in.

~ * ~

As you stuck your visitor's sticker on your chest, you looked over to the opposite wall, where a bunch of posters were hung. This school's mascot was the dragon, and their catchphrase was apparently, "Pacifica Academy's Dragons don't sleep!"

That was a weird catchphrase...

"Where shall we go first?" asked Spencer-Lynn, looking around.