Chapter 13- Anger and Angst

"Hey, Emilia?" you asked as you were leaving class.

The brunette turned around immediately. "Yeah?"

Trying to be discreet, you asked, "Remember when you said you were having trouble grasping the concept of the Magical Stage? I'm available, if you want me to help you."

She nodded. "Yeah. You can come up to my room whenever you're ready."

"No time like the present." You smiled.

You both got into the elevator and rode to the seventh floor. "I hope you're not hungry," Emilia said to you while you walked down the hallway. "We haven't been grocery shopping in three weeks, so food is a little sparse. We kinda live on takeout."

She unlocked the door and walked in, and you immediately noticed Spencer-Lynn sitting on the couch, legs crossed, and eating something out of one of those Chinese folding things. "Emi! I got you some of the chicken you like..." She trailed off when she saw you. "Oh, hi, [name]. It's been a while."

"No kidding." You sat on the couch as well. "Why haven't you been at school?"

"Do you seriously have to ask?" She stared at you before continuing, "That little stunt in art class proved that I can't go back anytime soon. In addition to the embarrassment, we're given three uniforms, and two of mine have blood on them, okay? And I have to wait for the replacements I'm due because my weight and height are both considered unordinary. So, I've been chilling here until the heat dies down. I'll come back eventually. Want a crab rangoon?"

"Ooh, sure." You grabbed one out of the bag. "That can't be good for your grades, though, right?"

She shrugged. "I've already spoken to most of my teachers. Aerith, Lulu, and Logan were pretty understanding. Snow and Wakka have e-mailed me work for the next two weeks, and Laguna has given me a pardon until I come back." She wiped her hands off theatrically, "Problem solved."

"Problem not solved; that's only six teachers." You crossed your arms, "Everyone has eight classes. What of the other two?"

"Well, I haven't told my English teacher yet. And..." She sighed, "my Portuguese teacher pretty much shares your opinion. I got yelled at." She smiled. "But, Portuguese is my best subject. I can bounce back."

"This is an awful lot of effort when you could just come back to school," you said. "Look, you don't know this but, other people have been pranked too. My butt smells like cinnamon!"

Emilia laughed in the distance.

"This isn't just about the prank." Spencer-Lynn sighed. "I've never been able to deal with other people very well. I'm shutting myself off so that no incrimination happens."

"But if you'd have been at school you would've known that Brecken..." Emilia stopped. "Never mind."

"What about Brecken?" asked Spencer-Lynn, becoming more attentive.

"Well, she was at the center of a particularly bad altercation," you told her. "They made fun of her weight."

Spencer-Lynn squinted. "What's wrong with Brecken's weight?"

"Well, she's not a stick figure like most of the girls at school..." You sighed.

"That's it. I'm going to school."

~~~~~

After school the next day, a group of you met in your room to discuss what you'd be doing in retaliation to the events of the week. Yuffie had done a lot of the scheming (no surprise there) with considerable effort from Reiko (also no surprise). There were blueprints involved. Enough said.