eighteen

"Uncle Dan. Danny, wake up." Sophie whispered to the sleeping man.

"What is it Soph?" He asked, his voice rough from sleep. The little girl had really work him out. At first they played mini golf, the two of them getting around the same score. And then they went and ate pizza, the little girl telling Dan all about the Barbie Tv her and Will had watched together. And finally they went home, and watched four episodes of spongebob.

"Woody is at the door. He said he wants to talk to you." She smiled, grabbing Dan's hand as he stood up from the sofa.

Dan then walked to the door, greeting an angry Woody.

"How could you Dan?" Woody started, pulling out a small pistol from his jacket. He then raised it to Dan's head, a tear starting to form.

"What?" Dan asked, shielding Sophie behind him. Dan knew in his head that Sophie was his. And he knew that he wouldn't let something happen to her if he could stop it. Even if Will was the adopted father.

Even if it meant his death, he would would do anything to keep his little girl safe.

"I heard the three of you talking. I thought the three of you were my friends, family even. But family doesn't turn on family." Woody stated, loading the gun with a single bullet.

"Kill me then. Right now." Dan sighed, closing his eyes in anticipation.

"No, that's too easy. I'm going to do something that's worse than death." Woody grinned, looking down to the small girl gripping desperately to Dan's leg.

It was now her second time being at gunpoint within six months.

"No." Dan demanded, growing angry.

"Okay then." Woody snapped, firing the gun at Dan's leg. He collapsed, hitting the ground with a thud.

"Come on Sophie." He demanded, and took the little girl with him while Dan lied on the ground unable to move.

---
It's crazy. I'm really sorry.