Chapter 16

That evening after Benjamin agreed to stay for a few more days I found myself curled up in me and Jasper's bed with him beside me. I flipped pieces of hair out of my face.
   "So Dracula is real? Like thee Dracula from Bram Stokers book?" I questioned Jasper once again he slowly nodded his head.
   "He is indeed".
I ran my fingers through my hair. "Holy shit". I couldn't believe this.
   "Avery I'm sorry".
   "You kinda should be. Why the hell would you not tell me that Dracula was real? I mean yeah vampires are real and I get that I'm married to one, but Dracula is a whole other story!" I stated. He sighed.
   "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you, but I had a reason for doing so". I sighed and glanced up at him.
   "What was the reason?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest.
   "Drac is a sinister man who takes what he wants". Jasper replied.
   "What does this have to do with not telling me?" I asked him again. Jasper sighed and placed his arm around me.
   "Because I did not want to scare you". Jasper stated. I sighed.
   "Scare me?"
   "Yes. Dracula's wife had the same gift that your are going to have and he would have taken you away if he had found you". He stated. I sighed.
    "Was this why it was so hard for you to accept me wanting to becoming a vampire?" I flat out asked him him. My husband nodded his head.
   "Yes Avery. I didn't want to lose you". I smiled up at him and kissed him. Then looked into his beautiful eyes.
   "Your never going to lose me Jasper. I love you and that will never change". He smiled at my words and kissed me.
  "What his wife like?" I asked. He sighed.
"His wife Emmaline was a human like you and he fell in love with her and she felt the same way. So she left her fiancé to be with them, but she did not know that he was a vampire. And so when they met one night she discovered the horrible truth when he bit her on the neck. He changed her into a blood thirsty vampire like himself. She begged him to kill her, but he was too in love with her to do it so he brought her back to his castle in Transylvania and there they were married. They lived a good life and over time she began to accept herself for what she was. As a vampire she was much more graceful and some say that she was the most beautiful vampire ever to walk the earth, but her beauty did not last long". Jasper replied.
  "What happened to her?"
  "She was discovered by neighboring covens for her wonderful and unique gift and so the Volturi stepped in. They gave her two choices join them or die. She refused their place with them and so Aro murdered her without hesitation. Dracula has been trying to kill them ever since. He even sent over two of his coven members to help us when the Volturi was after Reneesme". He answered.
   "You mean Vlad and Stephan?" Jasper nodded.
   "They did seem to hold a grudge whenever you guys talked about the Volturi". I added.
   "Indeed they do. They are all that remains of Dracula's coven. He once had thousands of members". Jasper replied. I sighed.
   "And thanks to the Volturi there's only three left". I added. He nodded and kissed my forehead.
   "I will not let him touch you Avery". Jasper stated firm.
   "I know you won't, but even still I should be stronger too. To help you all fight him off". I suggested. Jasper sighed.
   "What are suggesting?"
I sighed. I knew what I was about to say was going to piss him off extremely but I had to say it.
  "What if you change me earlier? Everyone already knows the date, but if we change it now with it being so close to the original date then no one would know". Jasper just stared at me.
   "Avery".
   "I know what I'm saying, but I want to start protecting myself Jasper. I'm not helpless you know. I-"
   "That's enough!" He shouted at me.
   "You promised me Jasper". I reminded him. He sighed and ran his fingers through my hair.
   "I know, but-"
I smiled. "You still wished that I would change my mind".
   "Yes". I kissed him.
   "I want this. And nothing is going to change that". I replied. Jasper sighed.
   "Get some rest Avery. It's late". He said. Nodding my head I adjusted my body and laid against Jasper's cold body.

Yes I'm bringing in Dracula. Me and my good friend were working on a good plot for the rest of the story and I love it. So expect more to come. I'm really pumped for the rest of the story! And thank you guys for all the support.