Chapter Four.

Shawn's POV
I woke up the next morning smelling breakfast. Nyla slept cuddled up to me last night but she was up before I was. It was kinda shocking thinking Ny's the one cooking cause-well, I've never seen her cook before. It's quite funny cause I'm always the one cooking. But the smell was wonderful and made me even more hungry than I was. I put on a shirt, grabbed some weed and backwood cigars and headed down stairs.
Me: I know you ain't down here burning up shit! I yelled down the stairs.
Ny: SHUT THE FUCK UP! She yelled back.
Me: man I'm just playing. I said coming around her and kissing her cheek.
Ny: hey boyfriend! She said smiling from ear to ear while she continued cooking.
She made pancakes with eggs. And then she had the little bowls of fruit on the side.
Me: how are you shorty? I said smiling while breaking the cigar down.
Ny: you wanna get cut?
Me: I can't help that you short.
Ny: you don't have to call that shit out though, bighead. She said scolding at me.
Me: Okay, okay I guess. So what's planned for today? I said as I started to roll.
Ny: well class don't start til next Wednesday, and we got everything for college that we need. So we really don't have anything to do today. She said handing me my plate of food.
Me: wonderful, that means I get to spend all day chilling with you. I said as I finished rolling two blunts.
That comment made her smile, but that was the biggest I've ever seen her smile. And I wanted to make sure that smile stays. We ate when she finally sat down from cooking and put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher.
Me: so what made you cook this morning? I said looking suspiciously in her direction.
Ny: don't look at me like that. She said smiling. I don't know really, I guess I was just in a good mood. She said continuing to eat.
Me: mhm, "good mood". I said smiling at her. The food is good though, sweetheart. You did your thang. I said finishing my plate and kissing her on the cheek.
And there was that pretty smile again.
I put my plate in the dishwasher, grabbed the blunts and headed for my art room. Nyla finished her plate and followed right behind me coming into the art room. She closed the door behind her and came and sat on the couch next to me. I had a PS4 controller in my hand, and the first blunt in my mouth playing NBA 2k17. Cuddled and wrapped around my arm and leg with a blanket over her, Nyla took the blunt out my mouth, hit it a few times, then put it back in my mouth so I could hit it. It feels like nothing has changed, but the closeness and affection has grown. The love feels stronger.
Ny: baby let's go bowling. She said looking at me with a puppy dog face.
Me: now you know that shit don't work. I said taking the blunt out my mouth to inhale and exhale the smoke.
Ny: but we always end up doing what I asked though don't we? She snapped back.
Me:...... True, true. I said nodding my head.
Ny: so can we please? She said pausing the game and taking the controller away to sit in my lap and wrap her arms and legs around me.
She always does this to get her way. Even when we were friends. She would say she was joking but now I see I spoil her and she's serious about us. I took another hit of the blunt and kissed her passionately letting her inhale the smoke from me. I then pulled away.
Me: you know how to get what you want, huh? I said smiling.
Ny: is that a yes? She said as her face brightened and glowed with joy.
Me: yea, babygirl. I said enthusiastically.
Ny: Yay!! I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you!!! She said between each soft lipped kiss she placed on me.
Ny: Ima go get ready. She said hopping off of me and running to her room.
Baby wait come back!! I yelled out to her.
Ny: what? She said trying to catch her breath.
Me: it's like 10:30 in the morning can we go a lil later. I said chuckling at her.
Ny: damn it shol' is early. She said curling back around my arm under her blanket.
We both fell asleep on the couch curled up with each other. Later we would go bowling. This might just be our first actual date.

Sensei