Chapter Nineteen.

We left the art exhibit around 8pm. Baby I really enjoyed tonight. Nyla said happily, wrapped around my arm as we walked back to the Jeep. I'm glad you did babe, I just love to see you smiling and happy. I said kissing her on her forehead. Baby I don't wanna go home yet. She said stopping to turn around and look at me. Okay, hold on let me call my brother. He usually does something at the shop every now and then. I said pulling out my phone. I called him up. Aye bro what you got going?....Oh bet, Ny and I will swing through. *Call Ends*. He's having a kickback at his house with his girl, and some friends. He said we could come through. I told Nyla. Okay, that's great. Let's go. She said going to get in the Jeep.

We hopped in the Jeep and headed to my bro's crib down by the beach. It didn't take long. I'm actually glad everything is so close together. We arrived in about 5 to 10 minutes. We parked, got out, and went up to knock on the door. In seconds, the door opened and we were greeted by my brother Ron. Wassup kids. He said happily inviting us in. Wassup old head. I said jokingly. He hugged the both of us, then closed the door behind us. As we walked in, you could smell the thick clouds of Kush in the air. That, the dim red lighting, and the soft music echoing throughout the house, was the type of vibe Nyla and I loved to be in. Listen, lil bro,- Ron said putting his arm over my shoulders. I got a bunch of our old friends from back home here tonight. But I was wondering, I stopped him. What you need, Ron? I said turning to look at him. They...just wanted to know if you and Nyla could do a poem for us? He said hesitantly. I'm in if you are, El. Nyla butted in. I took a long sigh. I guess. I said smiling at Nyla. Great, now let's go let everyone know y'all are here. Ron said leading us to the living room.

We walked in and were greeted by our old friends, Gerald, Julie, Deandre, Shayla, And Chris. Gerald, and Julie were together, as were Deandre, and Shayla. Deandre, and Shay are the only two that graduated with us. Gerald, Julie, and Chris are around my brothers age. Wassup everybody. I said walking in greeting everyone. Everyone was happy to see Nyla and I. We haven't seen them since our graduation. Ron brought us some drinks from the kitchen and had bud set aside, just for Nyla and I. I sat on a vacant love seat, and Nyla sat across my lap. So what's been going on with you two? Ron asked us sitting in a recliner beside us. Well, I beat up one of El's ex-hoes. Nyla butted in. Damn tell everybody then. I said smacking her thigh. Ouch, baby shit. Tell them lil hoes you mine now. She scolded getting face to face with me. Then she smile and kissed me. Aww y'all so cute. Shayla said then chuckling lightly. For the record, I didn't do shit. Them hoes just delusional. I only got eyes for my baby. I said wrapping my arms around Nyla, bringing her to my chest. Now are you two gonna do this poem for us? Chris asked intriguingly. Man yeah, lemme roll up real quick then we'll get started. I said unravelling the backwood. I took the grounded herb, stuffed, and rolled up the backwood. I grabbed Nyla's hand and stood up with her. I lit the backwood blunt, took a deep inhale, then passed it to Nyla as I exhaled. She took a hit and sat the blunt in the asNyla and I locked eyes. She smiled softly. The way this is going to go, which is something we haven't done in a long time, is we follow up each other's line with a line of ours. I said still gazing into Nyla's eyes.

Me: I look at you and see the definition of love,

Nyla: a comfortable love,

Me: a radiant love,

Nyla: yo love I can't go without,

Me: without a doubt a love like yours could replenish,

Nyla: a forest from a drought, fuck all the clout,

Me: its real love I'm about, lets fall like autumn leaves,