Chapter Six.

April 30, 2016. Senior Prom night at Henry W. Grady High School. It's 12:30 midnight. And me and Nyla are sitting in my jeep with the top off at a peak that has a view of the entire city of Atlanta. Why would he stand me up like this? And to go fuck that other bitch!? She said taking a hit of her blunt. He just don't see what he's got Ny. You amazing, you don't deserve that shit. I said taking a drag of my blunt. Just an hour ago, Nyla and I were at the prom. Nyla, waiting on her boyfriend, well now ex-boyfriend. And me, sitting and waiting with her. I didn't have a date, which I didn't mind cause I was with friends. But I knew how much it meant to her to have him here. So I stayed and waited with her. Then Nyla's phone rang. It was him, his name was Jarrett. Hello, where are you? She said quickly. Then tears began to run down her face. You know what, I'm not even mad. She said calmly. But I've been her friend for years and I know she's mad because of how calm she gets. You can stay with her. I'm done. Then she hung up the phone. She always had her suspicions.
     That brings us here to the top of this mountain peak. Smoking blunts and having conversations about random shit to calm Nyla down. It always worked. She loved the conversations she had with me. El, I'm hungry! She said in a happy, but whiny tone. What do you want to eat? I asked chuckling. Umm.....IHOP. She said smiling. IHOP it is then. I said cranking up the jeep. I backed out of the parking lot and headed down back to the city towards the restaurant. That's how the night ended.
(Flashback end)
     Jarrett, what are you doing here? Nyla asked looking confused. I'm bowling, duhh. Jarret snapped back. Bitch don't get snappy with me. I should kick yo ass for the shit you did. She snapped in an angry, but low tone to where she wouldn't cause a scene. I had to grab her by the arm because I knew how angry she was to see him face to face. If she even got close to him she was slapping the skin off of him no questions asked. I just held on to her to calm her down. Yeah. I apologize for that. I see your bestfriend Shawn is still in your life, that's good. I just wanna make it right. Jarrett said hesitantly. Actually things have changed. She said smiling. Shawn's my boyfriend now. We got together yesterday. She said looking up at me. I kissed her lips. Jarrett was standing there mean mugging us. Don't even worry about it Jarrett. I'm over it and I'm happy now, that's all that matters. She said pulling my hand to lead me out. Bye Jarrett. She said as she smiled and led me out the door. He just stood there dumbfounded. Nothing to say. I was happy she gain the confidence and happiness to move on.
     We hopped in the jeep and headed to a Chinese restaurant to get some food and head home. You okay babe? I asked  reaching over to hold her hand. Yeah, when I seen him and said all of those things, it felt like a weight was lifted off of me. She said happily as she grabbed my hand and placed it on her lap. I'm just happy that your happy, I thought I was gonna have to beat his ass for you. I said in a serious tone. You don't even have to worry about all of that. She said smiling then kissing my cheek. I just smiled. For a moment I just thought about her, and her smile. I feel like I'm falling for this beautiful soul. I don't want anything to happen to her. It's still crazy to me cause, she's been my friend for all these years, but I'm falling for her at this very moment.

Sensei