Chapter Eight.

It was 5:30pm. We both were getting ready for the art show tonight in my honor. Ny looked beautiful, a long sleeved red dress with a slit down the side to show her thigh. It fit her physique so well. She had her curly hair up in a bun and red lipstick on that made her lips pop. She was so beautiful. And me, I had on a black tuxedo with a red shirt. The bowtie I had on was black with red polka dots. I threw on some red yeezy boosts, and my black wide brimmed hat with my hair up in a low bun so my hat would fit.
     We hopped into my jeep and headed to the gallery. It's nice drive through the city of Los Angeles. So what do you expect tonight? She asked smiling in my direction. I don't even know really. I just wanna to be happy and lively with everything here tonight. I answered back confidently. She kissed my cheek leaving a warm, red lipstick mark. I didn't mind it tho, it kind of goes with my outfit anyway. We pulled up at the galleria and headed in. Suddenly, we were greeted by a big crowd. Even our parents made it all the way to LA. I was in shock and awe. But I was also extremely happy and my face showed it all. From a jaw dropped expression to the biggest smile, grinning from ear to ear. My mom was the first to come hug and congratulate me. I'm proud of you son. She said as she embraced me for a hug. She knew how much my art meant to me and she was glad I could make a big accomplishment like this. Then Ny's parents came and congratulated me. After mingling around and interacting with my fans, friends, and family, it was time for me to say a few words.
     I'm really grateful for all of this tonight. To be honest every single one of you that I know that's here tonight was an inspiration. From my parents to especially my girlfriend Nyla. She's been there with me as a friend all the way back to ninth grade, and now I'm happy to call her mine. I said smiling as the crowd cheered while Ny was blushing the whole time.
     I think our parents already knew we were gonna end up together, so they were more than happy about it. Nyla came up to hug me but didn't seem to wanna let me go. Then she leaned up to kiss my cheek and whispered in my ear, I love you El. It sent a cool tingle down my spine. But a good tingle, which made me hug her even tighter and my love for her continued to grow. Tonight was a good night and I was ecstatic to spend it with the people I love. It was about 11:30 at night when we all started to leave. Ny and I said our goodbyes to everyone and our parents and we headed home.

Sensei