Ready Yourself

~EDITED~

Levi's POV:

Of course, as soon as I am almost settled in, as soon as I get to know Eren, know some of the people here and try to make a new life for myself, Erwin has to come and fuck me over, again.  No one knew that we had trackers in our main masks, not even the people who had such frames on their face knew of such devices. Of course, how else would they keep track of people so easily. It's almost too sickly perfect, people never take their masks off so they would never suspect a thing, people have their trust in the state when the state knows their movements to a tee. Why had I never questioned something like this before? 

I suppose I trusted too much, now, I was being shoved into my room and locked there, being kept under watch like a little boy on timeout. "Damnit damnit damnit!" I cursed, my foot connecting harshly to the side of my bed as I released a sliver of my frustration, teeth clenched in annoyance. Erwin, he is the only one who would be able to find out where I am. Him and his slimy men. He has me wrapped around his finger, even now. I know he wants me back, I know if I go back I will be beaten and flogged until I'm a good little puppet again. 

If I leave, everyone here will be safe, right?  Erwin will still know the location of the Reb-

"Levi"

I was pulled out of my thoughts sharply by a quiet, yet deadly voice. I looked up and backed away, Eren was standing in the doorway, his shoulders tense and his eyes the same as the first time we met: angry, and hateful. "Did you know" he hissed, stepping forward. He snapped his fingers and the doors slammed shut like they had their own mind, leaving us completely alone, leaving me fully venerable, to the kings wrath.

I backed up till I hit a wall, my fingers brushing the curtains on the windows, "N-no I didn't Eren!" I said, trying my best to convey the truth to him, hating that my voice sounded so weak. He didn't change his gaze, he walked forward and I was pinned against the wall by a pair of hands either side of my head.

"I ask you again, did you know" He asked, his voice cold, chipping away at the air and almost dropping the temperature in the room itself.

I swallowed and looked at his eyes, "No. I didn't know." I said, surprised at how firm my voice was, my teeth biting the inside of my lip after I finished speaking in nervousness.

He stared at me for a few more seconds before relaxing his shoulders,dropping his forehead so it rested on mine, he closed his eyes and slid his hands to my shoulders, sighing in relief, "Good, I didn't want to kill you Levi" he whispered, my body stiff with shock, the King was so venerable, so open to attack yet I wanted to kiss him.

I gasped and put my hand over my mouth at the thought, causing Eren to look up at me confused and let my shoulders go, stepping back from me and breathing. Just like that the moment was gone.

Burning away, like dew in the morning sun.

"Erwin did that to you didn't he" Eren spoke, his voice sounding unnaturally tired and his eyes holding a new, age that I didn't partially enjoy, his words sinking in finally.

"W-what?!" I exclaimed, noticing I was stuttering a lot lately, as if my voice had become of a new person when I was around Eren.

"Your neck...your hips..." He said and looked at my covered neck, his lips curved into a frown as my hands went to my neck on reflex.

"H-How did you..."

"Why else would you leave? You seemed to respect him, silently worship him and had a good friendship with him the first day I saw you two together..." Eren said, he shrugged off his cloak and sighed at the loss, stepping up to me, removing my hands lightly, "Then the next day, you were stiff, angry and scared. You wouldn't even look him in the eyes..." Erens fingers trailed under the collar of my shirt and I shivered, his eyes moving over my jaw and onto my neck, he unclipped my collar and looked where the bruises used to be, now only faded red splotches. I realized I was letting him touch me like this, his hands were careful and slow and making my heart thump against my ribs horribly fast, not harsh and scratching over my skin, demanding and horrible.

I realized how close we were when Erens breath washed over my lips, my eyes looked up at his and my breath hitched audibly. "When you came into my cell, frantic and scared, you lashed out at me. You demanded me to tell you everything...and yet I had nothing to say..." Eren said, his voice becoming quieter as he stood over me,"I was frankly worried for you, though I had no reason to be. Then you socked me in the chin and shut me up" He said amused, his hands lightly still resting on my neck.

What is he doing? What is happening?

"He...he touched you, didn't he?" Eren voice dropped into a dangerous whisper, his eyes turning to emerald sea flint. His fingers slipped further under my shirt as he pulled me forward slightly, almost possessively. I found myself nodding lightly, my eyes not leaving his once.

Suddenly he froze then pulled away from me, I took in a breath I didn't know I was holding as I looked at him backed away from me, "And I almost did too..." He whispered and turned around, picking up his cloak and putting back on his shoulders, I reached out to say something but his voice stopped me, my mind confused.

"Ready yourself. He's coming, we both know that"