Wedding Day Part One

By five o'clock in the morning the wedding day had started. Darren and Lauren didn't believe in the whole 'having to be separated the night before the wedding' but Lauren did have one rule he couldn't see the dress untill she came down the aisle.

Joey woke up before the both of them. Making them breakfast, hoping it would keep them calm. And it did... while they consumed it.

By eight o'clock Meredith, Jaime, and Julia, who had just gotten into town, were over at the apartment to help Lauren get ready. And then Lauren got 'The Call'.

"Oh God!" Meredith said walking out of Lauren and Darrens bedroom.

"What?" Darren said as a wave of panic rushed over him.

"Lauren just got a call from her parents, Darren there not coming." Meredith explained.

Joeys eyes widened with the news, 'whose parents wouldn't want to attend there daughters wedding?' Joey thought to himself.

Darren, who sadly figured this would happen, rushed into the bed and shooed Jaime and Julia out to comfort Lauren.

"Your joking Meredith." Joey said.

"I wish I was, this is going to ruin her day, her special day, the day that is supposed to be the best day of her life." Meredith explained feeling sad for her friend.

Then the door to the bedroom flew open and Darren came walking out woth fire in his eyes. "Joey, we're leaving, we have and errand to make." He said then left the building with Joey trying to catch up to him.

"Okay I get it your mad, but let's stop and think this through, before you do something you will regret." Joey called out as he tried to catch up with Darren.

"No there is no thinking, just a nice little chat." Darren said getting into his truck then slamming the door, Joey quickly got in not wanting to be left behind.

The drive was silent, and Joey did not dare to ask where they were headed because he already knew. Darren pulled off the road and sat out it side of Lauren's parents house.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" Joey asked his best friend.

"Yes, they can walk all over me, but ... Lauren is there daughter and ... and they shouldn't be acting like this." Darren said then got out of the car and marched to the door. Joey followed behind him to make sure he wouldn't do anything stupid.

Darren rang the doorbell, and the door opened.

"Oh, it's you, get off my property or I'm calling the police." Lauren's mother said as she tried to shut the door but Darren held his hand out stopping it.

"Give me five minutes." Darren said.

"Rupert!" Lauren's mother called. With in a few seconds Lauren's father was at the door.

"What is he doing here?" Rupert scoffed.

"You guys should come to the wedding." Darren said very calmly.

"No, we called Lauren and told her we weren't going to come." Rupert said flatly.

"You know what, after everything you guys have done to Lauren, she still loves you, and worships you. If you were my parents I would hate you, for everything you've put me through. But Lauren is so nice and kind and loving, that she still loves you guys, and even though you have ruined her special day... she will still love you." Darren said softly. Darren and Joey walked off from the door and headed back to Darren's truck.

The space was silent for a moment, then Joey spoke, "Lets go get you married."