The Vow

I question you Lana's question in our road-trip's song, "Will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful?"

Will you stay when we argue on adults things like changing car tires, calling the plumber, paying the bills, taking care of the kids, walking the dogs, the communists or the capitalists, Cedar Cove or a Netflix series for the night. Will you stay when a prettier woman leans forward and I catch you, when it's becoming boring in bed and our spark collapses. Will you stay when we argue about finances, moving and who's having the worst day at work? Will you stay? Or winning the argument worth my frown face? Is our love great? Because life's difficulties are sharp daggers that we will have to inevitably walk on.

Will you accept my Botox-less face when I am eighty? Will you carry my decrepit flesh to the bathroom, clean me, change my undies and feed me if it's distanced for me to perish before you? Will you love me the same when I am not offered the will to stay?

Will you do the vow? Because the vow needs to be practiced by the heart before the mouth. Because love isn't just a feeling, it's an action. A journey with your other half which is full of a craze of ups and downs.

For More poems like this one
Visit Instagram: @emanhany_